The VG Resource

Full Version: TMNT Tournament Fighter based Sprites!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If you use something from these Sprite sheets please showcase it in here,
so that I can see my creation grow!!
Thank You!!

Sup everyone!!!
I'm working on the Ultimate TMNT Sprites-Sheet.
But it cannot be the Ultimate Sprite-Sheet without your help!

So if you want to help me out, that would be Awesome!!
If you make these sprites.. please make them without weapons so that it's easy to make the movezZ available for the other turtles.

For example:

[Image: ddvlqay-c271f5ab-8241-4a95-b2fa-e55ef269...AhvasJoCJk] 

When you help me out, your name will be added in the credits on the Sprite-Sheet!

Yuush, let's do this!

Ninja the sheets are not a 100% done yet

[Image: leo_in_capsule_by_a_d_eight-dcljwsc.gif]
[Image: raph_in_capsule_by_a_d_eight-dcljwqy.gif] [Image: don_in_capsule_by_a_d_eight-dcljwov.gif]
[Image: mikey_in_capsule_by_a_d_eight-dcljwfb.gif]
And her is ShinTurTle:

Shin is based on the MUGEN turtle that wields all the turtles weapons, I redesigned him and gave him a lil back story its a lil cliche but yeah:
Shin turtle is a descended of the turtles and lives in a time when they have long passed.
He wears there bandanna's on his arms to honor his ancestors.
Lil does he know that the essence of his ancestors resides in the bandanna's.
He already trained vigorously for years to master all there weapons to height beyond his satisfaction.
Until one day he met a enemy he wasn't able to overcome, accepting his fate after defeat he reached a state of mind only a true warrior can reach after accepting his defeat..  to really want to survive and overcome your weakness.
In that moment.. just before he was about to die.. he opens his eyes.. and before him just like a moment ago where his enemy was standing stood.. Leonardo.
staring in disbelieve but feeling and knowing it is real.. Leonardo spoke only one word.. Fight!!

And that is how Shin first experienced the power of the blue  bandanna.

[Image: shin_in_capsule_by_a_d_eight-dclmtiw.gif]
[Image: deljb3a-bbf501b2-91bb-4da4-ad10-5d29904c...qrS0h-5xKQ]
And I am allso wornking on shredder. 
I already recolored him and going to add the shoulder armor and also the cape. But I'm not sure about the cap cuzZ I can't seem to find good cape sprites and its allot of work :shock: And MAYBE the piece that hangzZ between hizZ lagzZ(but thatzZ a BIG maybe).

This is how far I got:
[Image: deljboz-e251f32f-c58f-4698-a965-5f0250a4...DN1zZi2ZLE]
I already recolored C J (TMNT TF SEGA G.) for the most part, but I don't like hizZ mask so maybe I'm going to edit hizZ mask.
[Image: c_j_test_by_a_d_eight-dav4ooc.png]
I'm also gonna resize him, here is e comparison.
[Image: dbqr6j7-39f1766c-b3a6-42b4-86f0-07b8957c...i84ALq19V0]

Special thanks to
[Image: dcp612q-8e555be8-4d1d-4e70-af41-dbd334bf...6k7u8Ntybc]
ohohoh this is a dream come true, i love this topic

A few things, though:

- Your alternate palettes are really, really muddy. Like these colors are just...not...good, and as a result the whole sheet looks really amateurish (which is a shame - I LOVE a lot of these customs, including the use of the grappling hook, Michelangelo's choice weapon after it was deemed nunchaku were too violent, lmao)

I'd advise recoloring the whole sheet to the Tournament Fighters palette (after all, that's what the entire sheet is based off of) as the contrast between the colors used in those sprites were really good, then try applying new hues to the other palettes. I'll give the different palettes a shot later if you don't mind.

- What's the deal with ShinTurTle? It seems like a bit of a self-insert, though isn't that basically the premise of the "Shin Ninja Turtle" MUGEN character? It's a turtle with a yellow headband.
Honestly, if you're going to tackle that "fifth Ninja Turtle", I'd probably flesh him out a little better. I'd check out some of the scrapped movie ideas and work from that. Also..."He can use all the Turtles' weapons" isn't...really that incredible. If we're gonna talk from a fanboy standpoint, all the Turtles could just as easily wield each others' weapons: it's just each Turtle has master-level proficiency with their specific one. It'd just be one Turtle who has masterful proficiency with every weapon, which...that'd basically be Splinter??
His current name also makes him seem kind of out of place in the established Turtle universe....like he just sounds like a DeviantArt username. :/

I mean, if I created ShinTurTle, I'd probably make him like a creation of the Kraang (like the original testing subject of the Mutagen) and give him an extraterrestrial, Kraang name i.e. "'Subject no. 53-062: Ka'rrabg'pin"; but being it's too long and hard to pronounce the Turtles just call him "Kirby" (like Jack Kirby, the artist - not the Nintendo character). If we've gone that far, though, I'd just give him the purple "clone" skin from TMNT Tournament Fighters - which, speaking of: why the heck isn't that palette on this sheet?

[Image: b73a5126c9.png]

Actually hell why don't you just make this one the fifth Turtle
What about Venus tho

Not really. This is a really neat idea. I'll be following this. Can't wait to see what you do with Krang or April.
(06-09-2017, 01:25 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]ohohoh this is a dream come true, i love this topic

A few things, though:

- Your alternate palettes are really, really muddy. Like these colors are just...not...good, and as a result the whole sheet looks really amateurish (which is a shame - I LOVE a lot of these customs, including the use of the grappling hook, Michelangelo's choice weapon after it was deemed nunchaku were too violent, lmao)

I'd advise recoloring the whole sheet to the Tournament Fighters palette (after all, that's what the entire sheet is based off of) as the contrast between the colors used in those sprites were really good, then try applying new hues to the other palettes. I'll give the different palettes a shot later if you don't mind.

- What's the deal with ShinTurTle? It seems like a bit of a self-insert, though isn't that basically the premise of the "Shin Ninja Turtle" MUGEN character? It's a turtle with a yellow headband.
Honestly, if you're going to tackle that "fifth Ninja Turtle", I'd probably flesh him out a little better. I'd check out some of the scrapped movie ideas and work from that. Also..."He can use all the Turtles' weapons" isn't...really that incredible. If we're gonna talk from a fanboy standpoint, all the Turtles could just as easily wield each others' weapons: it's just each Turtle has master-level proficiency with their specific one. It'd just be one Turtle who has masterful proficiency with every weapon, which...that'd basically be Splinter??
His current name also makes him seem kind of out of place in the established Turtle universe....like he just sounds like a DeviantArt username. :/

I mean, if I created ShinTurTle, I'd probably make him like a creation of the Kraang (like the original testing subject of the Mutagen) and give him an extraterrestrial, Kraang name i.e. "'Subject no. 53-062: Ka'rrabg'pin"; but being it's too long and hard to pronounce the Turtles just call him "Kirby" (like Jack Kirby, the artist - not the Nintendo character). If we've gone that far, though, I'd just give him the purple "clone" skin from TMNT Tournament Fighters - which, speaking of: why the heck isn't that palette on this sheet?

Actually hell why don't you just make this one the fifth Turtle
Hey kosheh, 

Thank you for your feedback, you gave me some stuff to think about.

I chose these colors because I am a animator and I made this with that in mind, I didn't like the the colors from the game for animating because I want it to look more realistic.
That's why I put more color palettes on the sheet.

Quote:I'll give the different palettes a shot later if you don't mind
You can definitely do that!
I made these sheets to be used by anyone, all I ask is that you give credit and post what you make with these sprites in this topic so I can see my work evolve  Wink

As for shin turtle, it is based on the mugen shin turtle but I didn't like the yellow bands so I made them black and gave him a full headband.
the story behind my version of ''Shin'' is that he is wearing the Turtles headband (who are no longer alive) on his arms and that gives him the power to wield the weapons of the turtles. I just made it for fun.

Quote:I'd just give him the purple "clone" skin from TMNT Tournament Fighters - which, speaking of: why the heck isn't that palette on this sheet?
That is a great idea which I totally forgot about Nerd

(06-09-2017, 02:15 PM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]What about Venus tho

Not really. This is a really neat idea. I'll be following this. Can't wait to see what you do with Krang or April.

I won't be making April, Sorry Embarassed
If I could make one suggestion, I would suggest to put all the images under the spoiler tags so people don't have to scroll down to see post or specific sheets.

Other then that, it is interesting so far. It would be nice to have a turtles sprites with all the poses from all over.
(06-10-2017, 01:09 PM)AkumaTh Wrote: [ -> ]If I could make one suggestion, I would suggest to put all the images under the spoiler tags so people don't have to scroll down to see post or specific sheets.

Other then that, it is interesting so far. It would be nice to have a turtles sprites with all the poses from all over.

Thats a nice option, thanks.
I will keep that in mind for future updates for the sheets
Psst - I showed a friend these sheets and they screamed after seeing how large the topic is!

So I took care of the spoilering for you. I did a little bit of trickery to make things still look cool, so feel free to check the BBCode to see how I did some of it. B)

Also: I'm makin progress on these new palettes. I'm sure you'll like them - as I mentioned before, these need contrast. I've got that. Wink
(06-10-2017, 08:53 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]Psst - I showed a friend these sheets and they screamed after seeing how large the topic is!

So I took care of the spoilering for you. I did a little bit of trickery to make things still look cool, so feel free to check the BBCode to see how I did some of it. B)

Also: I'm making progress on these new palettes. I'm sure you'll like them - as I mentioned before, these need contrast. I've got that. Wink

Hey Kosheh,

Thank you for going thru the trouble.
Actually I prefer it my way, because it's supposed to be a show case.
Sins people prefer it the other way I guess it can't be helped
I would have appreciated more if you confronted me first tho Wink

As for the palettes you're working on, I'm looking forward to it!
ThinkingI'm very curious, when will you be done?
(06-11-2017, 06:13 AM)A-D-EighT Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2017, 08:53 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]Psst - I showed a friend these sheets and they screamed after seeing how large the topic is!

Also: I'm making progress on these new palettes. I'm sure you'll like them - as I mentioned before, these need contrast. I've got that. Wink

Hey Kosheh,

Thank you for going thru the trouble.
Actually I prefer it my way, because it's supposed to be a show case.
Sins people prefer it the other way I guess it can't be helped
I would have appreciated more if you confronted me first tho Wink

Oh yeah sorry about that. I know you want it to be a fancy showcase, but at the same time, your "showcase" is incredibly huge and it'll slow down people's computers (a few moderators complained, and since I adore this topic I figured I'd just do it myself)
However, the spoiler tags do allow for images to be inserted, so you could technically make little buttons with the characters on them and a "Click to expand" message that still preserve its "art gallery" quality. ;P

(06-10-2017, 08:53 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]As for the palettes you're working on, I'm looking forward to it!
ThinkingI'm very curious, when will you be done?
It's actually done, but I wanted to add a few extra palettes.

Oh yeah - one more thing! They're just simple recolors, so you don't have to credit me on the palette swaps. Wink
(I did remove Beastie's tag for his customs, but you can just add it back in. Sorry, I was trying to save space)
Oh yeah - one more thing! They're just simple recolors, so you don't have to credit me on the palette swaps. Wink

Sorry but that's a no go!
I always give credit even for minor things Wink + u said ''you don't have to''
now hurry up and show me im growing impatient Tongue
and I just finished Wink

[Image: 3e882c2ef1.png]

So, what I originally mentioned is that a lot of these palettes lacked contrast. This fixes that. You'll notice the little white speck on the kneepads - that's kind of needed as it gives the fabric a "shine".

- I realize a lot of these are edited first, and then the palettes are added afterward. Much like TMNT has multiple universes in canon (you know, what was explained in Turtles Forever) so it totally makes sense that there's little changes everywhere.

- Looking at the '87 cartoon palette - can I suggest a change? I'd just call the "TMNT Turtles in Time" one the "87 cartoon" palette, since the 90's arcade games obviously use that as inspiration for the color palette.
Now that I look at what I did with them, I suppose the top palettes would be the "New Line Cinema TMNT Movies palette"?

- TMNT Tournament Fighters' palettes are game-accurate, and the Turtles' belts are individually colored in the game to further differentiate between the Turtles.
I also added the Player 2 palette from that game, which aren't available on VGR! I also added the "Shadow Turtle" and added an alternate where Shin TurTle has the "Shadow Turtle" palette

- The Turtles in Time palette is based off of both arcade games. (early 90's one is the first, Turtles in Time is second) "Comic" is the second one from the SNES version of Turtles in Time, which I've based the second palettes off of. These aren't accurate, of course and they're eyeballed. I could kinda tell Shin TurTle's palette is based off of Slash, so I went ahead and did that (right down to the greyish belt)

- BTW Most of these are all eyeballed as most of the time the Turtles didn't have multiple palettes - usually there were 1~3 for each detail. I've used those actual palettes in most of these.

- "TMNT 2003-ish" is now ACTUALLY TMNT 2003. With the exception of Shin TurTle all of the turtles have brown pads and their proper pigmentations from the 2003 Konami games for the GBA.

- I added 2 new palettes. Inspired by your radioactive Donatello above, "TMNT NES" is inspired by the first game (the one with the overhead map, and the water level with the electrifying seaweed)
The Turtles have dark green shells - but I might've made 'em too dark. Whoops.
"TMNT Issue #1" is kinda self-explanatory: They're black and white, like the first comic Tongue

- There was one more I wanted to do, but I guess I'll tackle it tomorrow or Tuesday. I wanted to do the "2003 night stealth" versions of the Turtles. Basically they're all black with the colored outlines and bandana (they're on your sheets with Leonardo and Raphael)

But...uh yeah, here they are :^)
But...uh yeah, here they are :^)

Shocked daaaangg, you really nailed it!
I love the tv-show style, I'm not sure if I'm going to use that one or the ones I made Thinking
the 2003 version is nice to
I think all we need now is the 2012 version and we have all the styles

Can you give these a little more contrast if it's not too much trouble?
[Image: nvxx3.jpg]
I...wasn't exactly sure which generation of the Turtles that one you just posted is supposed to be. Regardless, I went ahead and did the 2012 iterations of the Turtles, too based off of promotional art for the Nick series (I also checked the Mutants in Manhattan boxart IDW comics for ideas)
Oh yeah - I relabeled most of them to be a little more specific as to when they were actually from. I know you were using a particular font, so go ahead and rewrite it in that font if you're cool with what it says (literally the time period, producer of the series)

[Image: 3296351b41.png]

Oh, yeah - every chance I get I typically change Shin TurTle's palette to whatever Slash's is in that iteration. Like I get that he's not Slash - but hot dang it's always a really cool color scheme and it just looks so good on him

btw, going back to another post

(06-09-2017, 07:42 PM)A-D-EighT Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2017, 02:15 PM)Ton Wrote: [ -> ]Can't wait to see what you do with Krang or April.

I won't be making April, Sorry Embarassed

Honestly I think it'd be cool as heck if you at least made one sprite of some of the Murakami-Wolf characters like Krang in that SNES Tournament Fighters style
...I was gonna suggest April but then I realized she's in the Tournament Mode's "win screens" after every fight Embarassed
(06-13-2017, 10:05 PM)Honestly I think it\d be cool as heck if you at least made one sprite of some of the Murakami-Wolf characters like Krang in that SNES Tournament Fighters style Wrote: [ -> ]...I was gonna suggest April but then I realized she's in the Tournament Mode's "win screens" after every fight Embarassed

Who is Murakami-Wolf?
oops
i forgot not everybody's as crazy into the turtles as i am. i'm no michele ivey (who i've seen in person, and whew she's...big into the ninja turtles, to the point where it's actually terrifying, god damn) but i can go on for hours about them. i sometimes don't realize other people don't use the naming conventions i do. sorry about that.
i usually name the generations based on the production or distribution studio that worked on the respective media.

(06-15-2017, 07:47 AM)A-D-EighT Wrote: [ -> ]Who is Murakami-Wolf?

It's the name of the animation studio that produced the '87 Turtles cartoon, after the founders Fred Wolf and Jimmy Murakami. It nowadays exists as solely "Fred Wolf Films". This honestly throws everyone off, because everyone else calls them the "90s cartoon Turtles" (Although you and I know that's not correct: The cartoon, while running up until the mid-90's, premiered in 1987)

4Kids produced the 2003 cartoon. The current 2012 series is produced by Nickelodeon.

New Line Cinema held the distribution rights for the 90's movies (while Golden Harvest produced them) - but I just go with "New Line" because I THINK? that's what Turtle nerds recognize the films by (normies just say "90's movie Turtles")
I refer to the other ones as the "Imagi" Turtles (2007 movie) and the "Paramount" Turtles (2014 film, normies call these the "Michael Bay" Turtles, when he really...didn't have much of a role in this film lmao)

And the Saban Turtles

we don't talk about the Saban Turtles
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5