Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Is this acceptable? (Mario 3-style enemies)
Been a while, hasn't it? Been a little busy with trying to draw and such. Anyways, here's some ducks.
They are based off of the D.D. (Dangerous Duck) enemies from the Wario Land games. I used the dying graphic from WLUnsureML 3 for the dying pose, and the dying graphic from WLII as the hurt/stunned pose.
The first row comes from Wario Land II, and is based off of the normal type. I gave the swinging animation an extra pose as well.
The second, larger version uses the graphics from the first Wario Land, for a specific version ironically only found in II. They acted the same, but were necessary to beat in a specific level, and in the GBC version, had a different palette.
The final row is the unique enemy Yaburiki from the first Wario land game. I included it because when you beat it, an extremely-ugly duck-like face is visible as it falls off-screen. In the KC Deluxe manga, though, it was actually 3 D.D.s on top of each other, so I heavily edited the ugly duck face to look like a D.D.. I also changed the parameters on it, because in the original walking animation, it got a pixel shorter in some sprites. But shading that was an adventure, particularly with it being monochromatic in both the original and here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this acceptable? (Mario 3-style enemies) - by Doc von Schmeltwick - 06-21-2017, 07:08 PM