Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Is this acceptable? (Mario 3-style enemies)
Well this took a little while, in comparison to the other things. Like, two or three days and nights straight. Anyways, Chargin' Chucks (or, in some circles, "Charlies," and others, "Koopa Football Players"), which as anyone who has sprited them before knows have a lot of poses due to the tiling. Aside from recoloring, I tweaked the posing a little for when the overlaps caused by the original tiles made them look awkward, as well as making it so it's no longer decapitated after each hit, making the shovel's handle a consistent length, giving more shading, and giving it sleeves in the jump/clapping sprites. Also, I changed one of the digging sprites so the shell would appear to be in a more natural position. I also gave the football an animation.

However, I used the original SMW artwork for color reference, and realized a bit too late that the red stripes on the helmet are now depicted as a light orange. I might change that later, and I still want to add some helmetless sprites, a la SM3DW, for the final hit, which thankfully would only need to use the Lookout Chuck sprites anyway.

So, I got through the main looming roadblock of time consumption I was faced with now. Now I need to get some sleep.

On a side note, I love how the front of the shell turned out in the jumping/clapping sprites!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is this acceptable? (Mario 3-style enemies) - by Doc von Schmeltwick - 05-25-2017, 04:51 AM