Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
Massive update to my Telltale Games "Almost-All-in-One" Model Importer!

Code:
Added support for Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People Episodes 2-5, and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures Episodes 1-3. "Version 1" games are still unsupported though...
Added support for The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series models. Can you believe that the only reason they weren't working was because I had the script check the wrong mesh flags for The Final Season's importer? Go figure.
Script was tidied up a lot, shaving off about 100KB of redundant coding which is redundant (mainly due to the change below).
Models and materials are now grouped together and import as a single mesh group and Multi-Material respectively, greatly improving importing times.
Added over 10,000 new bone names to the hash database, and as a result most characters are no longer missing any bone names!
Added the texture names from Batman: Shadows Edition (both Season 1 and 2) and The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series to the hash database, along with a couple dozen missing (unused?) names.
Rearranged the texture hashes list so that "color_" names (specifically "color_000", used for "null" entries) are read first and lightmaps last, which speeds up texture-to-hash pairing significantly.
Textures used for material sets are now properly paired and print to the Listener window by default, and diffuse colors are automatically applied to the materials for earlier games (namely TWD Season 1).
Rewrote the way "Version 0" vertex buffers are read, now additional UV layers (mainly used for bake maps) will import instead of being skipped.
Fixed unrigged "Version 0" game models not importing due to a mistake in the script with automatic version-detection (Thanks, daniar23337!).
Fixed an issue where zero-length texture names (".d3dtx", seen in obj_c3nursebeds and obj_c5contractorpokertable in CSI 3) caused the script to get confused and error.
Fixed obj_chairLoungeB and sk80_pomPom having broken rigging in SBCG4AP Ep. 1 due to an issue with bone hash case-sensitivity ("pompom" != "pomPom").
Re-fixed models with single-bind rigging from The Walking Dead Season 1, which was accidentally broken since the May 11th, 2019 update.
Fixed "Version 12" models with ".PROP" information in their headers, now every model from Poker Night 2 is functional and imports without issues (60 were previously broken).
Fixed models with an invalid material ID not importing (i.e. "adv_previouslyOn204_hardwareStoreExteriorRearFoliageBrushA" from TWD Season 2).
Fixed a mistake with bone auto-detection for "Version 17" models (Game of Thrones's horse and most "skB0" models from Tales from the Borderlands).
Technically added support for "Version 38" models (TWD Season 3's "EOS" / "UpdatedMeshes" archives), which are practically identical to the "Version 37" format. Support is support, though.
Invalid / missing materials will now be listed as "undefined" so the script doesn't error (e.g. Minecraft Story Mode: Season 2 character models).
Fixed an oversight with "Version 45" models (Batman: The Enemy Within) with no UV mapping channels (e.g. various "fx_" models) which caused the script to crash.
Or tl;dr for the important stuff: Added support for SBCG4AP Episodes 2-5, Wallace & Gromit Episodes 1-3 (the last of the "Version 0" games, in other words) and The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series, plus Poker Night 2 now fully works and I optimized the crap out of things in general. Plus bugfixes, bugfixes, bugfixes, and did I mention bugfixes? But enough talk, enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/GoxUjDIK#eRNDzrWm8e...Lh0LcK1do0

Plus a not-so-massive update to the BFRES Importer, squashing a few bugs spotted by Centrixe:

Code:
Discovered a bone flag's purpose and by doing so fixed certain models with bone scaling (e.g. Enm_RailKingPilot / DJ Octavio from Splatoon 2) which were improperly scaled.
Temporarily disabled auto-application of ambient occlusion textures as it was also causing certain models (e.g. Npc_CustomShopJr / Murch from Splatoon 2) to error when importing. I swear I'll have a proper fix for this in due time...

https://mega.nz/file/ip5gmBLY#scm4-8kV7r...N2mhrseaMA

(Also I don't have any answers to the previous comments yet, please understand.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by Random Talking Bush - 10-17-2020, 12:12 AM