Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
(02-22-2020, 12:29 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 07:01 PM)Egrif Wrote: Heya

So I want to rip some models from Telltales Game of Thrones, but I am having some problems, mostly because of my own lack of knowledge.

I've downloaded your script and ran it in 3DS Max, but haven't gotten further than that. My question is how do I go about acquiring the meshes and textures from my game?
Do I need another program? If so, where do I download it, and how do I extract the files from that? And would I load the files properly into 3DS?

I understand that these are beginner questions, and fully respect that you may not have the time to take me through this step by step, but if someone could point me in the right direction - perhaps to a forum where I could read up on these questions or that explains it in further detail, I would be forever grateful!

Thank you! Smile
A bit of a late reply, but first you'll need aluigi's TTARCH extraction program from here: https://aluigi.altervista.org/papers.htm

Put that in the same folder as the game's TTARCH files, then open up a command prompt window in there and run a command like so:
Code:
ttarchext.exe 57 [archive].ttarch "[out]"

Just replace "[archive]" with the respective archive filename you want to extract -- you'll need to output the files from both the "txmesh" and "data" archives (the former has models and textures and the latter has their bone structure files), and make a new folder and put its name in place of "[out]" (also "57" is the game's ID, and you can run the program by itself to get a full list of IDs and instructions). If done correctly, it should be outputting a ton of files. Out of those exported files, you'll only need the *.D3DMesh, *.SKL and *.D3DTX files, so feel free to remove anything else from those.

Then, run QuickBMS (also by aluigi, from here: https://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm if you don't have it already) and use the "Telltale_D3DTX_TftBL_GoT_MCSM_BttFPS4.bms" script from the "D3DTX to .DDS Converter Script" bundle on those *.D3DTX files to convert them back into regular DDS files, and then finally run the model-importing script in 3DS Max and click "Import Model". Then choose the character's *.SKL file (or cancel the first box if you don't need it), and then their respective *.D3DMesh(s), and if done correctly the model should show up in the viewports.

That should be everything needed, if you need me to clarify anything else, lemme know!
 This helped me out! Thank you so much man!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by Egrif - 02-27-2020, 12:55 PM