Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
(05-12-2017, 08:01 PM)Sylk Wrote: Hi RTB, thanks for your job.

I'm new here and I submit you an R4 mod with some modifications to increase the import speed. Around 50% faster now.
I'd make these mods since R1 but it's time to share it Wink

E.g. with time to import ZELDA_miko from BOTW, in 3dsMax 2017:

R4: "Done! (208.177 Seconds)"
my R4 mod: "Done! (102.12 Seconds)"

See attachment (i've put old code parts in comment blocks).

Enjoy.

PS: Sorry for my english.
Ah, thanks for your help! And it just so happens that I was also in the process of cleaning things up with the script, too, so I've added your changes to the newest revision.

Code:
Script has been optimized so that models will import significantly faster, thanks to Sylk!
Changed "mat = standardMaterial()" to "local PolyMat = standardMaterial()" to fix potential problems, as suggested by Sylk.
Shaved off about a thousand lines of redundant coding since the way vertex buffers are read has now been rewritten.
Added an option to print debug information to the Listener, so the separate "_Debug" script is no longer necessary.
https://mega.nz/#!q4QwyBKa!5dBeE0YtWCqLM...h1q0l-nkZ0

Hopefully I didn't accidentally break anything with the revision, but things seemed to work alright for the models I've tried. Either way, be sure to let me know if there's anything else I can improve! Smile

(05-13-2017, 12:04 AM)Sylk Wrote: I cant testing it but looks like possible conflict with another script, using "mat" as global or function.
Try to add the word "local", like this :
Code:
local mat = standardMaterial()
to the lines 1153, 1818, 2469, 3173, 4050, 4170, 4269, 4368, 5200, 5320, 5419, 5518, 6332, 6452, 6551 and 6650
Would that fix it for you, Carpaccio? I've already (also) added that to the BFRES script, so if it works for you I'll go update my Telltale script with that change. If not, I'll try changing the "mat" referencing to a different name.
Thanked by: Sylk

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by Random Talking Bush - 05-13-2017, 04:07 AM