Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Know any "unrippable" games? I'm great at breaking things
(05-26-2016, 08:42 AM)octaviousrex09 Wrote: the only other way we'll get to this, thinking of my other methods of extracting is know what file format the 3d models are in. if you don't know then get me screencaps of the install folder in your programs files and I can see what it may run on and if there is a tool for it. there is another forum called xentax which has an "old games" forum where people try to crack old old games on there they might know more then me when we figure out the model format or archive. hope that helps for now sorry I cannot do more.
The archive for this game was actually cracked on zenhax, which is kinda of like a division of xentax, it's the forum of the QuickBMS creator.
I posted about it there, didn't really get much help.

Also, well that went well for the .map files (not my topic) lol - just made a post in there [Xiron], so hey, it's something to watch over for the next few days I suppose.

Anyhow, the install folder looks like so.

And the extracted archive (.mwd) folder is as follows:
[Image: MWDStructure.png]

There is a file for each zone/theme. My best guess is that the models are stored away in the .wad files, as that is a common extension for archives on PSX games, even if the game was carried over to PC. Their either in that or the .map files but no one on Xentax said they saw anything there, so.
And yes, the .vlo files ARE a bunch of graphics from the theme packed together in one file(s), but there is ways of viewing/extracting them. Wink
So presumably the models and such are packed/grouped away within a file(s) too.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Know any "unrippable" games? I'm great at breaking things - by Xiron - 05-27-2016, 02:36 AM