The VG Resource

Full Version: Know any "unrippable" games? I'm great at breaking things
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
If theres a game that you know where the formats haven't been cracked, I can probably force characters into t-pose and use ninja ripper. I'm pretty good at breaking shit so it should be easy.
(02-11-2016, 10:52 PM)Telespentry Wrote: [ -> ]If theres a game that you know where the formats haven't been cracked, I can probably force characters into t-pose and use ninja ripper. I'm pretty good at breaking shit so it should be easy.

guitar hero 3: legends of rock
Viewtiful Joe 2. It's got some runlength shit attached to it. Plus all of the data is in these multipe big files, so there's no real easy way to find out what has what inside each file.
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. Which is kinda ironic considering the models are apparently just NIF format, but in big archives. I know they're not even compressed because the DDS files can be ripped with a simple file extractor like Jaeder Naub or something similar.
Gintama Yorozuya Chuubu (Nintendo Wii) and J-Star Victory VS (Ps3)
could you try with these???

I reccomend the Wii game first, since it's pretty easier, just need to find a better QUICKBMS script than the default one from Luigi's page or a way to load BRMDL file and convert it into DAE. Sad

besides, I have a really desperated interest in that *censored* stupid oversized beast/mutt of Sadaharu. from those games.

But if you plan to use Ninja Ripper for this, then Forget the PS3 game. Tongue
I don't know if it works well on PS3 emulators, and probably it will be a pain in the *censored*
Magic User Kurohime (Mahou Tsukai Kurohime) PS2 i've been trying to rip the models forever and submit them to TMR, the textures were easy to get thanks to TexMod.

if you figure out how please PM me how you did it so i can submit them to TMR,

also i know that the ps2 model files their in are some sort .msb format.
Not that I do much model-ripping, but I tried a few times at it, and failed badly.

Two DS games, in particular, stopped me dead in my tracks:
Solatorobo : Red the Hunter
Bionicle Heroes

I'm not sure if they're "unrippable" , but I certainly failed at it.
If the formats are already cracked, please tell me and I'll file a request on the matter, or even attempt it myself.

Also, have the formats of StarFox Adventures or Assault actually been figured-out?
There's a lot of models/textures in there I'd really love to have.
I made a crack at this once, and I did make some progress with Assault in particular, except I couldn't figure-out what to
do with the files I found.
I haven't seen anyone rip from Metal Gear Solid 3D, despite having better models than the original, which I thought people would jump to try and rip since it's a freakin' Metal Gear game.
Wild Arms 3, for PS2. If ripping from the emulator is impossible, due to backface culling, then I remember a bit about the format of models being in .mdl format, while (I assume) mesh is the .msh extension.

If my hunch is correct, Wild Arms: Alter Code F uses the same type of files.

Also, this is not likely to happen, but if you are able to rip from PSX games, I am looking for WA2 models as well, strangely.
Onimusha Blade Warriors. Easy enough to get the textures, but the models themselves are pretty much impossible to rip.
Honey from the original arcade version of Sonic the Fighters. Has backface culling.

The Special Stages from the PC version of Sonic 3D Blast. You'd be lucky to even get this game to run.

Hey You, Pikachu! Is the microphone feature emulated?

Brendan, May, Red, and Leaf from Pokemon Colosseum. They're only in GBA-connected mode, which is currently impossible to emulate, but someone recently developed tools that let you open the game's fsys files, replace models in the game with others, and repack them:
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showth...ompression
The Space Sheriff Spirits (PS2)
Kamen Rider Faiz (PS2)
Kamen Rider Kabuto (PS2)
Ultraman Fighting Evolution 3 (PS2)
Ultraman Fighting Evolution Rebirth (PS2)
Ultraman Nexus (PS2)

All of the games above are published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. (formerly Bandai and Banpresto)

I just couldn't figure out what format(s) these game uses for game archives and 3d models and I am very much a novice for hex editing.
(02-18-2016, 11:49 AM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: [ -> ]The Special Stages from the PC version of Sonic 3D Blast. You'd be lucky to even get this game to run.
Korama actually made a program that helps the game run properly. Tongue
The PS3 version of The House of the Dead 4 uses the .cno file extension for its models. I know because I've already ripped a lot of sounds from the game, as well as a few textures and some models. But the process of converting the models to a more useable file format is pretty much impossible(for me, at least).
Well, one I would really appreciate models from is De Blob 2: The Underground. Specifically the Blanc's, Papa Blanc, and Comrade Black...you'd think this would be easier with emulation and such, but I haven't been able to get screen captures working with Dolphin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9