Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
FF:Brave Exvius // Defining spritesheet frames help
Yeah, it is. The units are in 60ths of a second, that is, they are in "ticks" where each second is made up of 60 "ticks". So for instance a value of 10 would mean 10/60 of a second. Multiply that by 1000 to get it in milliseconds. So yeah, you can use the strips to create GIFs yourself if you want.

EDIT:
[Image: CMNiJlh.png]

Got it in a strip! According to the code each frame is supposed to be in a 2000x2000 image. Of course, putting 2000x2000 images in a strip of e.g. 15 frames gives a 30,000x2000 image, which both bombs my program and is just way too big to be practically usable and sheetable.
What it does instead is it finds the smallest frame size within which every frame fits, and puts 5 pixels of padding on each edge as well. So for example in this image, each frame is 153x106. They're all nicely aligned as well so they can put into a GIF nicely. This does mean that each animation is likely to have different sized frames, but hopefully that shouldn't be problem (if it is I can propose a workaround but if not I won't bother).

Now I just have to clean up my code a little bit and make it more user-friendly (it's command-line, but stuff like arguments aren't properly put in yet). Also is there any specific things I should do or options you'd like? For example choosing the padding size, lines to separate frames, etc. All the hard work is already done so these sort of things are relatively easy to add.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: MrAlbion

Messages In This Thread
RE: FF:Brave Exvius // Defining spritesheet frames help - by puggsoy - 10-06-2015, 01:24 AM