Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Does the look of the DKC series match the gameplay?
(04-14-2015, 12:03 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote: I also wanted to comment on Recme's post- the Donkey Kong games were designed without Health Meters to keep you immersed in the level. There were no menus obstructing your view of any particular stage, it was designed so you can appreciate the level. Donkey Kong, similarly to Sonic, has a movepool that can dispatch most enemies without the need for Power Ups. Though there are usually barrels, animal buddies, etc littered thoughout a level that assist the player. But DK himself can go though a level speedy and with fluidity, almost comparable to Sonic.

the funny thing is, dkc returns includes health meters and power-ups. sure, it did take away some of the background, but im sure they could've implemented it in another way other than it being a hud.

i guess animal buddies can count as power-ups but the only one that i could see that adds abilities to your character is the spider one. rambi is just a faster dk while the water...shark thing (dunno its name) just lets you swim faster and attack underwater.

also, i fail to see a reason of why it matters whether dk is as fast as sonic or not. sonics main point is to go fast, while dk is just platforming. granted, you can go either way with both of them; the thing is, speed is sonic's priority, not dk's.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the look of the DKC series match the gameplay? - by recme - 04-14-2015, 04:16 PM