Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Does the look of the DKC series match the gameplay?
ill be honest, im sorta neutral about dkc. its a cool series and all, but its not really unique to me. it feels like any other platformer. hell, if you take out donkey kong related stuff, it can be an original game of its own with pretty much any jungle animal (sorta like doki doki panic = smb USA).

the games are missing a few key elements, such as power-ups and health meter (granted, mario didnt have a health meter, but the power-ups pretty much counted as health anyways). i know some people are passionate for this series, but i can see why people dont give it enough credit. i recently got dkc2 on vc, which is considered to be the best out of the trilogy, and it was just... boring! the only thing that keeps me going is the music in the games, which is really good for snes music.

so to me, i dont think its the looks of the dkc games that throw people off. its the gameplay itself. take it from someone who's sorta been thrown off by it.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the look of the DKC series match the gameplay? - by recme - 04-13-2015, 10:19 PM