Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SMRPG Shy Guy enhancement (spritesheet + molds)
Ah, I see. ^^ Yeah, I'm not so sure what things are and aren't accepted. ^^; Well, they aren't really just recolors, technically, I mean, it's not like I just made a simple palette swap of the original sprites but instead touching upon every frame and replacing colors with others selectively, not automatically... though in a way it's just recoloring pixels, yes, like I haven't made the Shy Guy wider or thinner by adding or removing pixels, but in a way it's more intended as "correcting things" in my opinion. It took few hours, not just few minutes to me (then again, was my first try to fix some errors the game had in the sprites ^^; )
The again, I'm kind of a noob in these things, so I'll take your word for it. ^^

So hmm, what would be accepted or more fitting then? =O 
I'm sure ripping stuff would also not be fitting since it may be time consuming, but isn't actually made, right? What I understand under that term (may be wrong =P) is to take screenshots of frames of animation, removing background elements manually, placing frames together and guessing the timing, kind of like that Barrel animation I made with DK64 ROM and emulator (and Photoshop, and blah blah) [Image: tumblr_nk7pdrwzyv1unagj3o2_75sq.gif]

And custom stuff like this fake Pokémon (Virchu) I made from scratch (this time in a Halloween costume, aww ^^) [Image: virchuhalloween.gif] would also probably not be accepted since it's like an OC, and not from an existing game, only resembling a style (Pokemon Black/White style) but not actually being a Pokemon. (also animated and not in sprite form like it should be for a sprite site)

What about... stuff like this? [Image: tumblr_nk5v7gdQoL1unagj3o8_250.gif] this is Kolorado from Paper Mario 64 in Super Mario RPG style (and with SNES color amount). It's custom and resembles a character from an existing game, are such things also not right? I'm trying to figure out what the site accepts, that's all. ^^ (oh, and animated, Spriters Resource has sprites, so it should be a spritesheet and not a Gif ^^; )

PS: Waaaaait a minute... submitter name is Tonberry2K? Wait... don't I know you from somewhere? Surprise Actually, how should I not, you're uploading a ton, aren't you? =D
[Image: tumblr_nk5xd5Osft1unagj3o1_100.gif]"You want it? Well, too bad! It's all yours now, bwahaha!"
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SMRPG Shy Guy enhancement (spritesheet + molds) - by M.E.R.255 - 02-26-2015, 06:06 PM