Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Your Initial Difficulty Choice?
I used to always choose easy, but now I choose normal. If I want to replay it then I'll replay on hard.

Some games are a bit weird with difficulty naming though, like Anomaly Warzone Earth has "Casual", "Advanced" and "Hardcore". I played through the game in Casual, assuming that was the intended difficulty, since Advanced sounded like it was for more experienced players. Looking back though, Casual was sort of easy, so these were probably just different names for "Easy", "Normal" and "Hard". It is a fun game though, so I'll probably replay it on Advanced, especially since most achievements are gotten on that mode.

Jamestown had a really cool way of encouraging people to experiment with different difficulties. It has 4 difficulties; Normal, Difficult, Legendary, and Divine. However, to access level 4 you need to beat every previous level on Difficult or higher (and you can only play it on Difficult or higher). Same deal with level 5, but with Legendary. You can also unlock the hardest difficulty, Judgement. The fact that the game actually requires you to try higher difficulties was pretty cool. I mean, I've beaten all levels on Legendary, simply because I had no other choice. I'll probably attempt Divine, and maybe even Judgement sometime.

I do find it a bit disappointing when a game that I really enjoy and replay doesn't have difficulty options. For example Hotline Miami, it's a great game that I've replayed for achievements, and it's still really fun. It'd be great if there was some sort of difficulty setting, to challenge myself a bit more.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Your Initial Difficulty Choice? - by Koh - 12-15-2014, 10:05 AM
RE: Your Initial Difficulty Choice? - by Kosheh - 12-15-2014, 03:14 PM
RE: Your Initial Difficulty Choice? - by Lemonray - 12-15-2014, 04:21 PM
RE: Your Initial Difficulty Choice? - by ~Axis~ - 12-15-2014, 03:37 PM
RE: Your Initial Difficulty Choice? - by ~Axis~ - 12-15-2014, 04:31 PM
RE: Your Initial Difficulty Choice? - by recme - 12-15-2014, 04:49 PM
RE: Your Initial Difficulty Choice? - by [robo9] - 12-15-2014, 04:58 PM
RE: Your Initial Difficulty Choice? - by E-Man - 12-15-2014, 05:24 PM
RE: Your Initial Difficulty Choice? - by DioShiba - 12-15-2014, 05:39 PM
RE: Your Initial Difficulty Choice? - by Koh - 12-15-2014, 06:33 PM