Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD
Smash Run, in my opinion at least, is not mediocre. But it isn't as good as Sakurai seemed to hype it up to be. He seems to have misunderstood what made City Trial such an incredible game in the first place:

*Smash Run has absolutely no player interaction. The fun of sabotaging your opponents yourself is completely gone, you never see each other or have influence over anything the other player does besides punching a random chance switch that spawns an incredibly unfair bo-bomb. This is one of the GREATEST attributes of city trial.

*Two, the mode has far far too much enemy spam, so you're rarely scampering for items. Even if there was player interaction, there'd be no need for it. In Kirby Air Ride, boxes and items got very scarce. This forced everyone to run up and crowd for one thing in particular, and/or beat the hell out of your foes for it.

*Which brings me to my last point. Smash Run is just too what-the-hell kind of levels of obnoxious BUSY. Far too much is just going on at one time and I have no idea what the hell...

I say the mode would have been cool, had it fixed all of the above (among other things I don't need to really mentioned) and made it a bit more about trying to scarf up what's best for the event.

-------------------------------------

My idea:
The same way everyone scampered to the Formula Star when a Drag Race was hinted, what if all the players started off with no actual BODIES or something? You start off as say, I dunno, Dittos (with a pre-made but not very expansive moveset ala the Compact Star) and race around at the start for character shells floating around. You'd be able to discard your forms when you find a suitable one for the event that you could just switch to, causing even more resources that would be worth brawling over if everything weren't clientside. Getting KO'd would turn your body back into Ditto.

This would have been a fantastic thing, come on.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - by Iceman404 - 10-06-2014, 12:01 AM