Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD
Some quick first impressions:

- Things are unlocked way too easily in this game. I have pretty much been exclusively playing the Classic Mode as I get a feel for the different characters, and I've already unlocked almost every single character already, not to mention cleared most of the Challenges. I know people want to have the full roster open as quickly as they can, but for me this really doesn't feel like I actually earned anything. Rather that they're just handing it to me.

- King Dedede, my main bro, has taken some serious hits playwise. His B-Air and D-Air, which were undeniably his most useful attacks, have been turned into just hammer swing attacks. His recovery special can no longer be cancelled in mid-air, which can be problematic strategy-wise. And his Final Smash isn't nearly as useful either. And while he does run faster, it's the same speed boost that all of the heavy characters were given, so it's not really an advantage. All in all it feels like he's been neutered.

- Out of the new characters I've tried out so far, Pac-Man is by far my favorite. He's just really blatantly fun to use. I don't really have any technical reason.

- Little Mac's lack of an air game gives him a serious disadvantage against Master Hand, however I've found that by countering certain attacks of his you can take huge chunks off of his HP.

- While I haven't actually played as Duck Hunt yet, I have fought against him a couple times and I gotta say ... I don't really like fighting him. It's not that he's difficult, it's the fact that he's too actually dog-like, and it makes me feel really bad to beat on him. I have a feeling Peta is going to have a field day with this ...

- Smash Run suffers from exactly the issue I suspected it would so long ago. I hope you remember what I'm talking about because I gotta run and don't have the time to type it up at the moment ...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super Sm4sh Bros: 3DS VERSION THREAD - by Jermungandr - 10-04-2014, 04:27 AM