Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
2 Souls' Tale (An 8-bit Metroidvania Adventure!)[[HELP WANTED]]
So the most complicated (or did you just mean unique?) boss would be like Czar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMMIBd_Z6jc at ~one min thirty seconds)? The bosses in this game should be easy for most people to make.

If the upgrades are similar to the game Faxanadu (from what I've seen in those 10 mins), where they player's abilities remain simple, most people shouldn't have a problem either.

About taking photos and viewing it: Atleast for the members at MFGG, for pause screens, I think they take a snapshot of the game then show that image behind the pause menu. What I'm saying is, it's easy to take a photo in a game, view it, save to and load from disk. Or did you mean "too much" as in "not necessary"?

To be more clear about the environment problem, I'm only referring to the collision masks, which are (should be) coded independently of whatever rendered sprite or background is associated with it. You can have a forest with bumps, hills and whatever, but if the player is only moving horizontally on a flat collision mask then collision-wise, it's simple. It's the same mindset where you use a simple rectangle for the collision mask of enemies and players instead of a "pixel-perfect-fitting" one.

If you're interested in having some control over the randomness of drops, you're going to want someone with at least intro level statistics. Your programmer is going to have to know about random distributions and how to cause them. (I.e. Cause rare drops to have x% chance of occuring. Or cause some random status affect to occur w/ ~100% chance by the 5th attack of a boss... if that's the theme of the boss. etc).

Stats and stat interactions, interacting w/ background objects, and assuming summons are consistent with the simple boss AI, these should be simple to code.

I am assuming your game is kind of simple and similar to the Faxanadu, based on what I've seen in those 10 minutes. If it is, I don't think you should have much problem finding a capable programmer for it. Or maybe you will because it is a fangame so I assume they won't be getting paid. (Or maybe I incorrectly assumed too much about your game)

__
As a programmer, the theme or story is less important than what the code actually has to do. You can have siblings on opposite ends on the multiverse, but if that's just a story detail then it doesn't affect the code at all.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by: SmithyGCN

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 Souls' Tale (Metroidvania Genre) - by Kami - 08-31-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: 2 Souls' Tale (Metroidvania Genre) - by Ton - 09-03-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: 2 Souls' Tale (Metroidvania Genre) - by Koh - 09-15-2014, 06:41 AM
RE: 2 Souls' Tale (Metroidvania Genre) - by Boo - 12-30-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: 2 Souls' Tale (An 8-bit Metroidvania Adventure!)[[HELP WANTED]] - by TheShyGuy - 07-02-2016, 02:58 PM