Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
2 Souls' Tale (An 8-bit Metroidvania Adventure!)[[HELP WANTED]]
What kind of attacks would the AI have? How do you imagine boss fights to work? Is it mostly going to be projectile based or something more in depth and complicated, possibly requiring syncing animations with sound and other graphical effects? What do you mean both characters? Are there more than one playable character? Is the class system customization or upgrade-able? Experience points? Can the character level up, etc? Can they wield different weapons or powerups? What about the photo mechanics? Is it like Midas Machine (MFGG)? Is it ever used for something like in the game SnapShot (http://store.steampowered.com/app/204220/)? Is it a tile-based game? Or are the environments more natural or arbitrary? (this is pretty important. Most programmers over at MFGG have trouble with supporting sloped tile collision masks....)

I'd say to just describe all the significant systems of the game, how you expect AI to work,bosses, enemies, status effects, dialogues, quests, class systems, menus, customizables, story, cutscenes (animations, sound, music, sync-ed?), scripted scenes, playable characters and their moveset or possible actions, etc. Note, I've never done what I'm advising mostly because I haven't really worked with anyone else for a significant amount of time. I develop things as I go and already know what I'll be adding later. ~I don't know how effective this advice will be. However, you're looking for help so I'd say to post all the relevant info needed for someone to determine whether they can help and how difficult it may be for them.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 Souls' Tale (Metroidvania Genre) - by Kami - 08-31-2014, 09:13 PM
RE: 2 Souls' Tale (Metroidvania Genre) - by Ton - 09-03-2014, 09:27 AM
RE: 2 Souls' Tale (Metroidvania Genre) - by Koh - 09-15-2014, 06:41 AM
RE: 2 Souls' Tale (Metroidvania Genre) - by Boo - 12-30-2014, 06:00 PM
RE: 2 Souls' Tale (An 8-bit Metroidvania Adventure!)[[HELP WANTED]] - by TheShyGuy - 07-01-2016, 12:32 AM