Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sage's/Forte's Sprites and things
[Image: mxBWAf9.png]
Sorry if these edits are frustrating. I think edits that change the original work a lot end up being nice because then you don't get so tied up in trying to mimic what the editor did... but I don't think I can put the time in to make a lot of changes right now, so they're not that different...!

Anyway, I personally think backgrounds like that are really hard to see anything against, so I changed it for myself. When I changed the background, I noticed Haizea's hand is really quite weird... I didn't finish messing with it so mine isn't right either, but I think you might want to try adjusting it.

Don't feel like you really have to  define all five fingers...you should try to imply them more than literally make them each visible.

I also found her lacking in contrast and it was really hard to read her face, so I played around with the colors and some of the pixel clusters and whatever else. I don't know what I was trying to do with the legs, so you can ignore that if you don't like it. I also tried to give her shoulder more definition; you had the whole upper part as a bit of a blob, though it didn't look that bad. I could've taken it all further, but I have to start studying for a test soon...

I ended up adding another color to her white parts because I thought her hair was looking really flat. I think sometimes the sprites that I imagine you're being inspired by (SNK?) use a similar way of coloring for their hair, but I don't think it's working for her.

I didn't do anything to Hwan, but I tried to give Vince more definition in his shoulders (but I didn't finish the shading or anything so it looks kind of pillowed) and I tried to re-shape his pecs. I guess I put some sort of highlight under his pecs... That's not supposed to be "correct," but it was just there to remind me to say that I don't think the whole area under his pecs should be in shadow
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: SageHarpuiaJDJ

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sage's/Forte's Sprites and things - by Koh - 07-28-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: Sage's/Forte's Sprites and things - by Ton - 07-29-2014, 03:20 PM
RE: Sage's/Forte's Sprites and things - by Kelvin - 01-01-2015, 01:46 PM
RE: Sage's/Forte's Sprites and things - by Virt - 01-05-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: Sage's/Forte's Sprites and things - by Ton - 06-30-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: Sage's/Forte's Sprites and things - by Filler - 07-12-2015, 10:26 PM
RE: Sage's/Forte's Sprites and things - by StarSock64 - 07-17-2015, 05:09 PM
RE: Sage's/Forte's Sprites and things - by Valo - 11-06-2015, 05:44 AM