Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Taking a crack at game development
Well, I think I know which idea I'm going with then!

Anyway, regarding how puzzles work, I think they will mostly work like the gameplay style. If I find any mini-games, though, I'll tell you about it.

Aso, considering that that I'm creating these characters from scratch, I think the next thing I need to do is develop the characters starting with the playable characters.

This is Gobnok. He is a goblin con-artist who thinks he's an oily and shifty sort, but he's hardly either. While he's very keen on duping the wealthy and/or unpleasant, conning the poor and most nice guys does not emotionally sit well for Gobnok. He is actually quite nice at heart and actually trie to remain calm no matter the situation. Even though there are times that he panics, Gobnok rarely gets angry and he's usually the one trying to break up arguments and work out compromises.

The other playable character is Princess Nana. I'm trying to work out a good design for her, but I don't want it to look too much like Zelda. You think she would look good in a green dress?

Regarding her personality, she has a strong sense of justice and a fiery temper. If it was not for being obliged to let Charles Ming save the day all the time, she could save the kingdom with one hand tied behind her back and even when she's still in her dress. Despite this, she insists that she is a polite and levelheaded woman. Even though she is smarter than a fair lot of the subjects in her kingdom, she tends to take the brash approach to her problems. Considering how Gobnok takes his time to view all the details and hardly ever flies off the handle, he and Princess Nana need each other to make a good adventuring team.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-19-2014, 07:58 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-20-2014, 11:28 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-22-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-23-2014, 06:24 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-23-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-24-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-27-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-28-2014, 06:58 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-28-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-29-2014, 11:00 AM