Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Taking a crack at game development
Wow, I didn't think the concept of click and point adventure games would be that deep, Puggsoy. In that case, this is what you could expect from a game like this one.

- In no point in the game that the playable characters will die or permanently miss the chance to solve a crucial puzzle to the game. Deaths that are a huge part of the story (or maybe as a reversible Easter Egg) and optional puzzles are exceptions.

- Dialog trees consist of several dialog options to pick from to gain information and possibly special items (but nearly all the options contain humorous dialog). Depending on which options you choose in a conversation, you will get more dialog choices. Also, interacting with other characters and objects have the effect of making more dialog options available from characters you previously interacted with.

- You have an inventory that has you click and drag on items to place them where they are needed in the scene. Sometimes, these items are used automatically, such as presenting a ticket to a bouncer to get into a night club. A handful of items are also capable of being put together to create new items. The game has an interface that lets it do this and also separate the items back into their individual pieces.

- The character has three buttons to interact with the world. The examine button button makes the playable character commentate on something (or read a sign), the talk button lets the character start a conversation with a person (or, in rare cases, objects), and the action button lets the character physically interact with an object the way it is intended for the purpose of the story.

- By clicking on parts of the screen without any of the three buttons active, you can move the character around the field. This is useful in some puzzles.

- With a button or two, you are able to switch control of the character you are playing as. Since there are points where the characters become separated, this button is very useful in situations like these.

Anyway, regarding the story, I'm up for either one, really. I persoanlly think that the Goblin Misadventure Quest idea would suit me better because not only would it not land me in possible trouble, but also provide some rewarding challenges by creating a world and characters from scratch. Regarding what I originally had in mind (i.e. the story of E-Man trying to prematurely end a sprite fad but ends up unwittingly making a deal with a demon), I think that an interesting idea to modify it is to take Kosheh's idea into consideration. Basically, Gors would be acting strange and E-Man and co. have to get to the bottom of it and save him.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: puggsoy, psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-19-2014, 07:58 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-20-2014, 11:28 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-22-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-23-2014, 06:24 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-23-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-24-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-27-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-28-2014, 06:58 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-28-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-29-2014, 11:00 AM