Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Taking a crack at game development
Okay, I get what you're saying, Kosheh. I think I would like to explain a few things if you don't mind.

For the whole part about him being a "Mary Sue," it's nothing like that at all. "There won't be any points where E-Man dies or is stumped" doesn't just apply to him but to all possible playable characters in the game because that is the kind of game I am aiming for here. You see, I'm aiming for making it like a Lucas Arts adventure game, which means there are no points where you can badly mess up in them game to where it's unbeatable. That's why we have King's Quest.

Also, before you ask, the two users I indirectly mentioned in my story are not the main antagonists. They're not friendly and E-Man sees them as his rivals, but other than somehow having the event end anyway, nothing more would come from it. The actual problem comes from when E-Man later unintentionally makes a deal with a demon of sorts out of desperation and how he has to reverse it before the entire Resource is messed up.

If you want me to try another story idea besides that, I may as well make it a platforming game instead. Otherwise, maybe making a game like this at all is a bad idea and I should drop it.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-19-2014, 07:58 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-20-2014, 11:28 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-22-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-23-2014, 06:24 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-23-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-24-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-27-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-28-2014, 06:58 AM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-28-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Taking a crack at game development - by E-Man - 07-29-2014, 11:00 AM