Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
TheMario360 (Playable character) (?)
(06-13-2014, 12:55 AM)TheShyGuy Wrote: I'm not the greatest at explaining things, but when I said

me being unclear Wrote:-further hand's momentum remains close to the what it was before --nearly zero

The point wasn't to tell you what I did. I meant to try to say that there is subtle movement instead of the fist being completely still. It adds subtle life and breaks things up so the animation is less rigid and stiff.

...Basically move that back hand, even if it's just a pixel offset. Prefably forward and down (interpreted as extension...Extend the back fist). It'll help.

The first punch looks better than the second. But, I think the anchoring of the back foot is off a bit. Its okay if he slides back on the back foot during the build up. However, on the extension, his back foot shouldn't go back to origin, it should remain back there and the front foot should slide forward instead.

This brings me to the issue of why I don't like the second. The anchoring makes no sense at all. Besides the back foot being jittery, all power is lost. That's like swinging a baseball bat and instead of anchoring the backfoot and having forward momentum, you anchor the front foot and have backward momentum hehe. If you don't get it, try to punch something while anchoring your front foot. How strong does your punch feel?

Edit.
[Image: NyTLTxV.gif]
I make webcomics. You can check it out if you want.

[Image: Thomas%20amp%20Zachary%20banner%202_zpsyzdyyste.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: TheMario360 (Playable character) (?) - by TheMario360 - 06-13-2014, 10:43 AM