The VG Resource

Full Version: TheMario360 (Playable character) (?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Edit: Even though I'm able to be in the game, I need to get at least 20 reps in order to become playable >_<

I'll work on that...
[Image: TheMario360TFRsheet_zps159d0c5c.png]
To be honest, I think you still have a chance to be in this game. Even if you're not, though, what's going to stop you from making these sprites for fun?

Beisdes, if all else fails, you could always be an assist!
(05-26-2014, 03:41 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, I think you still have a chance to be in this game. Even if you're not, though, what's going to stop you from making these sprites for fun?

Beisdes, if all else fails, you could always be an assist!

I guess...
You're not kicked out of the project, but I don't think you're applicable to be a fully playable character in the game.
Any chance of seeing the walking animation working?
The key is to has a positive attitude about it and to have good work ethic with creating your character. Keep building more frames and animations, accept constructive criticism and move on from there. By the time you finish your sheet you'll have a chance to be in the community a while and people can get to know you and warm up to you. That would make you easier to be accepted into the full games as they come out.

The only slight deterrent for me is the character design of Mario's hat and cape, just because all the latest attempts at new characters almost seem to include a Mario cap. You could make up for that with good animations and creative moves, though, so don't be discouraged!
I finished the punching animation. I may need some help making a motion blur though, as I know I didn't do it right

[Image: EBLpgJT.gif]
I don't know about the motion blur, but I don't think a punch like that would do a whole lot of damage. Even if it's a weak punch, you should have the character's spine move forward to prevent the character from looking stiff. It's part of a drawing/animation technique called the line of action that has been used since the day of cartoons from the 1930's and way before that.

[Image: pbanimation07-749469.jpg]
Also, there's no charge up, so it just looks like he lifts his hand.
the animation has been altered to meet both criteria. Using Tom & Jerry as a reference was definitely clever. It's not in gif form as imgur's bot prevention system is being annoying again.

[Image: punch1_zps395d2d72.png]
[Image: tcU7aN6.gif]

Here you go.

I still think it's incomplete. Now it just looks like his arm stretches. Try moving his whole body.
Now you're getting somewhere, Mario360! Maybe you could have the back bend more as he punches? It's still not doing that and it looks unnatural as a result.

Also, how about having the cape and the other arm move a bit?
[Image: CxAeGMr.gif]

I did a crude edit to show how I would do it. Tongue

It's not perfect, but something like this with a bit more leg movement perhaps?
(05-27-2014, 11:47 AM)Paladin Wrote: [ -> ][Image: CxAeGMr.gif]

I did a crude edit to show how I would do it. Tongue

It's not perfect, but something like this with a bit more leg movement perhaps?

Thanks for the suggestion, but, I think I'll stick with what I'm doing for now
[Image: cFPPRiA.gif]

I can't wait to get to special moves! (moves besides the normal Punch/kick/ect) I got so many ideas! Big Grin
I don't mean to be discouraging, but please, please, look at some references. If you don't understand a certain motion in your animation, references are invaluable.

Be it Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Super Smash Bros...hell, try doing your intended motion in front of a mirror, even that gives you a certain notion of what you should aim for.

Right now, it seems his fist is springing off his shoulder, his arm completely growing out of it. The torso is the one supposed to be leaning in, not his head. The stepping forth of the foot as he jabs doesn't make much sense to me either.

I'm not even asking an indepth study or anything. Just a glance, just a couple of minutes, take an existing game's punching animation and compare it to yours, draw out what they did that you did not. You don'y have to carbon copy it, either, just get an idea of the motion.
(05-27-2014, 12:20 PM)Iocus Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mean to be discouraging, but please, please, look at some references. If you don't understand a certain motion in your animation, references are invaluable.

Be it Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Super Smash Bros...hell, try doing your intended motion in front of a mirror, even that gives you a certain notion of what you should aim for.

Right now, it seems his fist is sprining off his shoulder, his arm completely growing out of it. The torso is the one supposed to be leaning in, not his head. The stepping forth of the foot as he jabs doesn't make much sense to me either.

I'm not even asking an indepth study or anything. Just a glance, just a couple of minutes, take an existing game's punching animation and compare it to yours, draw out what they did that you did not. You don'y have to carbon copy it, either, just get an idea of the motion.

You know what, I might just do that. (and some of you might already know what character I'm going to use as reference)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7