Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release
(05-15-2014, 06:52 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Might as well upload what I've got now:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2787...Update.zip

There are two scripts included. The one with "_Debug" at the end will print messages to the console, but will import models much more slowly.

What this newer script does:
  • The script will no longer crash upon running it for the first time, so you can run it directly and not only through the MaxScript Editor. Additionally, cancelling a file import also won't crash.
  • Revised the popup so that it mentions what kinds of games are compatible with the importer.
  • All four kinds of model files will now import with their original rigging information.
  • *.ENO files no longer crash upon importing certain models (Storm, Super Sonic) and won't have broken UV mapping for others (Shadow, Rouge, etc.). Bone IDs are all kinds of incorrect, but it's there.
  • *.GNO file importing has been greatly improved, and can now import most models, including the ones from the Wii Super Monkey Ball games. Polygon groups with two UV mapping layers will import twice -- once for each layer.
  • *.XNO files import almost perfectly, things like the Iblis Golem will now import and they also import with vertex colours (if you want it to use the vertex alphas instead, look for "setvertcolor" in the script and swap the "--" comments between the two options). Character models seem to have half-red/half-black appearances, you'll probably want to do the swap for them.
  • *.ZNO importing compatibility has been improved and will now import certain models that used to crash. The bone structures have been re-enabled, but are currently broken, and the bone IDs are incorrect for most models, though...

What still needs to be done:
  • *.ENO files will be updated to import to the correct bones. Additionally, certain things (like Vector and the Extreme Gear) still don't import correctly, and will be worked on.
  • *.GNO stage files from Sonic Unleashed Wii will not import, as their model files don't follow the same data patterns as the others.
  • *.ZNO files still have buggered-up bone structures, which I will be figuring out next.
  • Automatic material importing, but I'll need to do more research as to how it's done in the first place.

If there happens to be a specific problem with a model you're after, let me know and I'll try to adapt the script to work with it.

Thank you so much! Big Grin
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release - by Omnitrix - 08-23-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release - by Doronetty - 12-13-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release - by Omnitrix - 03-27-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release - by TGE - 04-02-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release - by Omnitrix - 05-16-2014, 07:09 AM