Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release
Might as well upload what I've got now:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2787...Update.zip
(UPDATED 05/21/2014)

There are two scripts included. The one with "_Debug" at the end will print messages to the console, but will import models much more slowly.

What this newer script does:
  • The script will no longer crash upon running it for the first time, so you can run it directly and not only through the MaxScript Editor. Additionally, cancelling a file import also won't crash.
  • Revised the popup so that it mentions what kinds of games are compatible with the importer.
  • All four kinds of model files will now import with their original rigging information.
  • *.ENO files now import properly (Storm, Super Sonic, Vector, and any Extreme Gear) and shouldn't have broken UV mapping (Shadow, Rouge, etc.).
  • *.GNO file importing has been greatly improved, and can now import most models, including the ones from the Wii Super Monkey Ball games. Polygon groups with two UV mapping layers will import twice -- once for each layer.
  • *.XNO files import almost perfectly, things like the Iblis Golem will now import and they also import with their original smoothing, and vertex colours. Enable the checkbox if you want to import the vertex alphas instead (mainly for character models).
  • *.ZNO importing compatibility has been improved and will now import certain models that used to crash, and also import the normals and vertex colours, if any (the "Vertex Alphas" checkmark by the *.XNO importing will also tweak this). Additionally, the bone structures have been re-enabled and fixed.

What still needs to be done:
  • *.ENO stage models from Sonic Free Riders will most likely crash 3DS Max, I'll figure out how to fix that later.
  • *.GNO stage models from Sonic Unleashed Wii will not import, as their model files don't follow the same data patterns as the others.
  • Some *.ZNO files don't import correctly (B03_ROBO_T/B.ZNO, for instance). I'll try to fix that up next time.
  • Automatic material importing, but I'll need to do more research as to how it's done in the first place.

If there happens to be a specific problem with a model you're after, let me know and I'll try to adapt the script to work with it.
Thanked by: Doronetty, Omnitrix, TGE

Messages In This Thread
RE: ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release - by Omnitrix - 08-23-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release - by Doronetty - 12-13-2013, 01:11 PM
RE: ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release - by Omnitrix - 03-27-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release - by TGE - 04-02-2014, 07:57 PM
RE: ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release - by Random Talking Bush - 05-15-2014, 06:52 PM
RE: ENO/ZNO/GNO/XNO Import Release - by Omnitrix - 05-16-2014, 07:09 AM