Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
What are you doing with ripped models?
(04-10-2014, 12:13 PM)MandL27 Wrote: How, exactly, does one go about opening these models in Blender? I've tried everything but had no luck.
First, highlight everything that appears in Blender by default, by pressing the A key. Then, press X and it will ask if you want to delete them. Choose "Yes".

Next, go to "File" and hover over "Import", then click on the appropriate model type ("Wavefront (.obj)", "Collada (.dae)", "Source Engine (.smd)", etc.).

Go to the folder where the model is stored, and open it. Now on the toolbar at the bottom, click on the white circle to bring up the different display types, and click on "Textured". If your model displays as completely pink, then you will want to go into "Edit Mode", click on one of the meshes in the list on the right of the screen (they should be represented by an orange triangle and have a name), and underneath this list, there should be some buttons. Click on the shiny ball button, which is the Material editor. Some models may have one material per mesh, some may have many per mesh.

Click on the material you want, and then click on the checkerboard button, which is the Texture editor. Where it says "Source", you want to browse for this texture in the folder where the textures are stored, and then the texture will appear. Do this for all remaining textures.

And if the model is a character but has no bones, then add the bones yourself. (Go look up a tutorial on how to do this, as I don't feel like explaining it since it takes too long. I want to keep this tutorial short)

And that's how you open a model in Blender! Hope I was of help. Wink
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
What are you doing with ripped models? - by Zerox - 09-09-2010, 08:24 PM
RE: [split] How do you rip Models - by josh98 - 03-25-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: [split] How do you rip Models - by TGE - 03-29-2013, 04:05 AM
RE: What are you doing with ripped models? - by Mystie - 04-10-2014, 12:42 PM
[split] How do you rip Models - by TGE - 03-25-2013, 04:11 AM