The VG Resource

Full Version: What are you doing with ripped models?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Well I decided it would be a fun idea to ask people to tell everyone what they're doing with the models they ripped/made or downloaded from here. There's a large array of things that you could do with models so why not tell the world about what your doing? Cute

I've done many things from 3D videos to putting the models in Warcraft 3.

But currently what I'm doing is learning how to mod AVALANCHE and maybe eventually use the R-Cube engine to it's full extent. R-Cube being the engine that AVALANCHE uses.

Here's some screenshots of the little I've done so far. Can anyone say Kingdom Hearts PC? [Image: axella.gif]

[Image: Sora1.png]

[Image: Sora2.png]

[Image: Sora3.png]

So what is everyone else up to with the models on here?
Kingdom Hearts PC, huh? As long as Kairi's playable, I'd like to get my hands on that mod!

I haven't got around to a practical use of the site's models, but I think that model comics are just about ready to be invented.
Ah yeah I've tried doing a bit of those myself in days past. Then I moved on to other stuff. And yes indeed should all go well Kairi will be a playable character as well as Riku. It's a lot of work to figure out though. My current obstacle is animations at the moment but I'm working on it. I'd love to see some comics made with models by you.
That's some cool stuff there dude. I personally want to someone port some stuff to Halo or something. Its just too bad Halo 2 Vista was such a disappointment for map making. Halo CE is fun, but its starting to show its age for me after playing the newer ones on Xbox. I may try map making for UT3 sometime though.

Also, stickied.
Not me, but someone is using a Sonic model here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0ecdhL6n8
Ah Halo eh? I'll be honest that doesn't suprise me based on all your Halo models Shadowth. I wish you luck in your endeavors. Also thank you for the sticky.

And I must admit that is definitely a worthy mention Tonberry. That's some wicked stuff. Just makes me realize I'm still quite the rookie in 3D animated shorts in comparison.
(09-09-2010, 09:55 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: [ -> ]Not me, but someone is using a Sonic model here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0ecdhL6n8

I'm not gonna lie, that was wicked. Doubt any of it came from our site, but amazing regardless.

(09-09-2010, 10:22 PM)Zerox Wrote: [ -> ]Ah Halo eh? I'll be honest that doesn't suprise me based on all your Halo models Shadowth. I wish you luck in your endeavors. Also thank you for the sticky.

And I must admit that is definitely a worthy mention Tonberry. That's some wicked stuff. Just makes me realize I'm still quite the rookie in 3D animated shorts in comparison.

I'd have to say that I feel the same. I've got a long way to go before I can make stuff as nice looking as the guy did for that video. I did notice some things I might have done better, but for the most part I'm not sure I could have pulled off something like that, especially with all the nice effects he added in.

Oh and you reminded me, I oughta go rip some models from Halo 3 to celebrate the release of Halo Reach. Been looking forward to that game for ages.
Definitely I would believe he has the ability to make a full length fan film. Though the ability is only one factor needed. He also needs the desire, dedication, and time to do it as well and sadly those are a bit harder to find sometimes. Ah fun, well I hope to see some in our next update then Shadowth.

This is a totally aside thought but I was just thinking, it's kind of nice in some aspects with our own little branch here with a handful of people. It's almost got a sort of family like feel to it. Kind of like how you get with schooling and classmates in smaller classes. Though growing in numbers is always encouraged.
Not a bad mod there Zerox. That'll be interesting to play. I didn't know you liked Halo alot Shadowth XD. Well, granted CE is showing age, I see you can still do alot with it. Maybe a Halo 3 PC release will come soon. I plan to hopefully do something with the Source engine with my mod idea (mainly a KOS-MOS fps and then a more Xenosaga type one). But yea, I like this group and glad I'm a part of it (granted I need to do more).
Novax, I hate to be totally off-topic but I am unable to respond to your pm as you have pms disabled. Therefore I can not help with your problem.
Crap, I didn't know that, I'll turn them on asap. Also, how easy is it to mod using that engine?

Edit:
Should be able to send me PM's now. Sorry about that. Don't know why that happened.
Well I'm finding it's harder than I thought. It's got some things that seem very very specific when it comes to bones and animation. I'm still trying to get it figured out though.
Ah I see. That's usually the problem when importing models into such game engines/mods. It does seem like it can produce nice 3rd person games though. Also, I fixed the PMs so you should be able to send me one now.
i'm not too good with the vidoe makeing
Solid Snake and Old Snake danceing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf1QgA9c5bk
lots of Anti forms and edited sora models running around in the dark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV9wKLLAeJU
I actually enjoyed the Snakes dancing. The way you put it altogether fit nicely (though odd box placements seemed a bit odd). As for your other video, very nice. Only real thing I'd say is if possible, make the battle scenes more fluid. What I mean is, don't make it seem so robotic. I understand it's a hard thing to do, just giving my opinion. You do a nice job though none the less with this program.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20