Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Kirby's Dream Land Remake Project [open to anyone]
It's starting to look a lot better. I'm also seconding SchAlternate's point: you have to make sure you are able to fit it in that 32x32 box. What I would suggest would be to make the body bigger and the wingspan just a little shorter. Flappy's official artwork doesn't show it with a terribly wide wingspan (despite what its in-game sprite may suggest), so shortening its wings pretty drastically shouldn't hurt.

Also, the colors. Flappy is a dark, black color, but you don't want to make it too dark because by doing so it will be near-impossible to give it effective shading. My suggestion would be to, for the main body color, make it the tone of gray just below that one; for the shading, try using the darkest blue-violet.

It may seem odd, using a different color to use as shading for another color. However, if you know how to implement it, it works well. The thing is that some colors (such as purples and blues) tend to have a darker hue, therefore they can be successfully used as a darker shade. (And additionally, a lot of the time when it comes to shadows in real-life, the "hue" "shifts" closer to a blueish gray. That's just if you want to get technical, though)
[Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by: SmithyGCN

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kirby's Dream Land remake project - by recme - 03-06-2013, 08:02 AM
RE: Kirby's Dream Land Remake Project [open to anyone] - by Speed-X - 02-26-2014, 07:58 PM