Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
TSR COMPO Vol.3: "In the name of goodNES"
(08-26-2012, 01:55 PM)Ekoi Wrote: Your dragon has kites for wings, to say the least.

There's a serious aesthetic contrast in the piece. It feels like everything but the dragon and HUD were afterthoughts.

Using transparency on a boss is fine to some degree, as it can be assumed that it will not ever be seen out of its black zone, but using it on the player for the sake of using black would restrict what background elements could be used.

Would've thanked you, but your sig spoke against it, so I guess I shouldn't.

As far as the aesthetic contrast, I don't really know how I could make those smaller sprites fit, since the core issue is that the lack of detail. I don't think cramming that much detail into tiny sprites would work well. I could probably make the platforms less crap; I haven't really ever tried making tilesets before. In regards to the black, I thought about that too, but I figured since this only for a fake screenshot, I might as utilize the black background to it's fullest extent.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: TSR COMPO Vol.3: "In the name of goodNES" - by Keiang - 08-26-2012, 02:26 PM