Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
Sprite Ripping Project 5: _____-em-up!
More:

B.Rap Boys (Arcade)
Enemies and Bosses
[Image: yd1rt.png]

Update:
[Image: jmXV9.png]

Out of curiosity, after ripping the first enemy I checked out B.Rap Boys Special and noticed that there was an extra sprite that is not in the other ROM set so it was updated. I don't know how to class the game, it's not like Street Fighter II where the graphics and palettes are altered per version and from looking at the ROMS, B.Rap Boys is the World version while Special was only released in Japan and the US. Who knows, maybe the "World" version is a pre-release or something.

Since I couldn't find much info, here are the differences between B.Rap Boys and the Special version:
* There are 3 extra enemies replacing some of the palette swaps, they are Japanese themed such as Kabuki
* On the first stage, you jump over logs and you hit a car revealing the Final Boss.
* A different background on the character select, this is the only way apart from playing the game to tell the difference since the title screen is the same. Honestly.
* The basic enemies have 1 extra pose compared to the other version.
* Instead of having 3 lives, you have 6 lives however the game is still cheap.

As for what is the same; the stages are the same, the music is the same, the gameplay and most of the graphics are same (apart from what is mentioned) and even the tileviewer is in mostly the same (still has unused graphics like the original) at the same places except the 3 new sprites of the enemies mixed in as well as the new stuff being below the existing graphics.

Messages In This Thread
Sprite Ripping Project 5: _____-em-up! - by Ton - 05-16-2012, 01:39 AM
RE: Sprite Ripping Project 5: _____-em-up! - by Yawackhary - 07-31-2012, 01:15 PM