Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Sprites
Not sure if you're getting the idea. Here's what I mean:

This puzzle is #006 and is called "Pancake Stacks 1", and it contains 3 pancake graphics (each a different size). There are two more puzzles, #083 and #084, called "Pancake Stacks 2" and "Pancake Stacks 3", respectively. From now on I'll use "PS" instead of "Pancake Stacks" for simplicity.
Now all these puzzles use exactly the same graphics. The only difference is that PS 2 and 3 each have one more pancake sprite than the last, that is, PS 2 has 4 pancakes and PS 3 has 5 pancakes. These extra pancake sprites are larger, thus they are different sprites.

Here are pictures to illustrate it better (ignore the buttons on the right):

Pancake Stacks 1
[Image: DB006.png]

Pancake Stacks 2
[Image: DB083.png]

Pancake Stacks 3
[Image: DB084.png]

See what I mean? They use the same sprites but an extra pancake gets added for each puzzle.

Now, the latter two would appear on the same sheet, in which case I would rip the sprites from JUST PS 3, as that contains the sprites from PS 2 as well (since PS 3 uses all of PS 2's graphics, but plus a pancake). The reason I can't do this with PS 1 is that they're not next to each other in order. So while the background and 3 pancakes from PS 1 will be the same as from PS 2 and 3, because it's earlier in the numbering it can't be on the same sheet and can't use the same rips.

What I'm essentially trying to say is this: usually, I would put ALL the pancake graphics on one sheet, consisting of one background image and all the pancake sizes. However, since the puzzles are numbered I can only do this with PS 2 and 3 as they are the only ones that would both appear on the same sheet.

I also noticed just now that there's a fourth puzzle, Super Pancakes, which has 7 pancakes:

Super Pancakes
[Image: DB144.png]

This is puzzle #144 so I would also have to put this on a separate sheet as well.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by puggsoy - 09-30-2012, 06:03 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM