Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Sprites
OK then, I'll leave them for now. If I ever get back to ripping London Life (still wanna do those overworld backgrounds), I'll rerip all the characters slowly with their animation frames. But yeah those Puggsy ones are all right.

Anyway, check it out Wink
After lots of debugging and fiddling around, I managed to make it arrange all the animation frames (including the projectile), plus it automatically tries and make the sheet as square as possible. The way I do it isn't full-proof so it's not as square as I'd like it to be, but in any case it isn't unproportionally wide or high.
I'm concerned about that second row though: the first half belongs with the Emerge animation, which is on the first row, and therefore it's animation box (OriginalSize) is really tall. Unfortunately this makes the entire row that tall, including the second half, which belongs to the Walk animation, and has a shorter animation box.
Also, while all the frames are now aligned, frames from the same animation are sometimes on new lines, which basically defeats the point of alignment. What I could do is give each animation its own line, since I can differentiate between animations with code, but this would pose 2 problems: 1) the sheet would be pretty wide, and 2) animations that have different directions, such as walking, all have the same name and my program can't separate them, so all the walk animations would be on one line, widening the sheet even more.

Right now I'm not sure what I should do about either of these, so if you guys could suggest what to do that'd be great. I also noticed today while testing the first Lunkhead sheet that some animations span across sheets, which completely bombed my program, but I think I already have an idea on how to fix that.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by puggsoy - 08-18-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM