Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Sprites
Progress is being made.

I won't go into details but what I've managed to do is import the XML and PNG, then use the XML to collect the frames of a specific animation in order, and then drawing them onto a sheet in that order. I had some trouble getting them in the correct order, since the XML had the frames randomly ordered (no idea why), but I fixed this by throwing each frame into an array, giving it an index that's the same as the frame's number (i.e. frame 150 has an index of 150 in the array). After that I put them on the sheet in the order they appear in the array, which is the correct order.
I also ensured that the sheet isn't any wider than 4096 pixels, the max size Bastion sheets get. I thought to keep this, but just now while writing this I decided that I can just make it so that it doesn't get any wider than the original sheet. That'll make it more likely to result in (almost) square sheets, rather than too wide or too high.

In the above example I used the walk animations of the Rattle-tail. Once I make it do all the animations I'll start organising all the sheets and re-uploading them.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by puggsoy - 08-17-2012, 05:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM