Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Sprites
Well, long story short, I'm ripping the sheets directly and they're organised like that for whatever reason (most likely it's optimised for the game or something). I asked if I had to rearrange them, but MJ said that I can leave them as they're extracted, so that's what I'm doing.
In other cases there are unrelated sprites put together (such as GUI stuff and such), in which case I'll rearrange them into proper sheets, but so far with the enemies they've all just come out like this. I know I could rearrange them for animation purposes, but seriously if you have a look yourself you'll see how hard that'd be. Not only does each sprite have subtle transparency bits and such (so I'd have to cut every single one carefully), but some frames are very similar so it's hard to see what order they come in.

The whole thing was discussed in this post and the next 3 posts after that.

The only reason I've been able to animate my avatar is because those frames are in individual images and in order.

But yeah, sorry. I realise how you feel about it, but apparently Supergiant Games thought this was the best way to make the sheets. It's better than nothing though, I'm glad I managed to get the sprites at all, let alone at this quality.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by puggsoy - 08-16-2012, 07:03 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM