Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Sprites
Stinkeye [Enemy], Lunkhead 1/2 [Enemy], Lunkhead 2/2 [Enemy], Scumbag 1/4 [Enemy], Scumbag 2/4 [Enemy], Scumbag 3/4 [Enemy], Scumbag 4/4 [Enemy] - 11/8/2012

[Image: i9QECIhm04gDl.png] [Image: irIthscktoaH2.png] [Image: izb8h40082aOe.png] [Image: iItSD7c6BNxDd.png] [Image: iz4c4fjol14Oy.png] [Image: izgWBYHj7ss8n.png] [Image: izWdDf7DcSwm8.png]
Bastion (PC/Computer)

Here's some more. I do add my tag, but it's not as noticeable because it's quite small on such large sheets.
The Stinkeye sheet was simple and quick, but the Lunkhead one was originally two, which I had to put together.

But if you thought that sheet's huge, there's this one enemy that was made up of four sheets, and when I put them together the resulting sheet is a whopping 44MB. And since I'm apparently the guy who always manages to surpass the upload limit, I'm guessing 30MB is also the max for sprite sheets.
Well I tried saving it as a GIF instead of a PNG, which sized it down nicely to about 18MB, but due to these sprites being such high quality they have lots of colours (as Drshnaps pointed out here), and since GIF uses indexed colours, it doesn't preserve them all and messes some bits up (even though it's only really noticeable if you zoom in). This isn't a problem with sprites from other games, since they usually don't use more than 256 colours anyway, but unfortunately this isn't the case with Bastion.

So yeah, not sure what to do with that. Should I split it into 2 sheets?

Whoah that's heaps. Biggest amount of sheets I've done in a day, and although it's all for just 3 enemies I don't think I've even done 3 before. So that's pretty cool. They're also the largest I've ever done, the first Lunkhead sheet and the second and third Scumbag sheets are all 4096x4096. I think that's the largest size Bastion's sheets are.
You'll notice that the section they go under is now between square brackets instead of parentheses since some sheets may include parentheses in the name.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by puggsoy - 08-11-2012, 07:09 AM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM