Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
TUGS \\ Preliminary Round \\ Work In Progress Thread
(07-15-2011, 08:50 AM)Previous Wrote:
(07-14-2011, 12:53 PM)CO2 Wrote: you should all had consider that you had to work within the sihoulette, rather than "fill" he sihoulette with something.
And yet that is exactly what the text says, you are not allowed to change the shape of the silhouette and thus everything has to be filled (since otherwise the shape would be different)
I think what CO2 meant was cramming the silhouette with elements, without necessarily a logic, but just for the sake of filling the silhouette up. That's what I'm doing with my silhouette, for instance. Some counter-examples are Gorsal Jr's and ccoffee table's silhouettes.
In every case the silhouette is filled, and its shape isn't modified. That was the point of the assignment.
One way of circumventing this restriction is setting the parts that aren't "used" to a very close colour to the background colour.

Retrospectively, I think the silhouette should be used as a base for ideas from which one can choose a specific part or not, and extend it outside its limits or not for a future assignment.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: TUGS \\ Preliminary Round \\ Work In Progress Thread - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 07-15-2011, 09:03 AM