Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
lavander town syndrome/lavander tone
I read both of Woppet's articles, and they were pretty retarded.

The first one is a bit more believable as it could be a rom hack, but there were things it was describing like palette swaps and walking out of bounds, and the player's team switching out (dying) that generally couldn't happen unless you recoded the game itself. The article itself is plausible, but not very practical.

The second article doesn't match up. It shares some points with suigin's origin story in the OP such as the people involved and certain symptoms, but the bigger details are totally different. The second article makes no mention of the building, flag, or operating table sprite, (or 731 at all) and the white hand is described as looking totally different; almost like a realistic detailed zombie hand. In suigin's screenshot, you can see that this isn't true. Suigin's article also makes no mention of the ghost animation or buried alive. The second article mentions things like "ghost.gif, staticsound.wav, and animation.swf" which aren't even gameboy filetypes. The most obvious being swf, which is a flash file. Last time I checked gameboys don't support macromedia/adobe flash, not to mention that shockwave would have been the standard back in 1996.

In other words, 1st article is plausible, 2nd article is most likely a hoax aside from the "Lavender Tone" part, which both articles seem to agree on. After listening to both versions of the Lavender Town theme, there is a difference so it could be plausible that the higher pitched sections were messing with people's ears, but I think the binaural beats theory is highly unlikely due to the limitations of the sound that a game boy can output.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Sengir, Gold

Messages In This Thread
RE: lavander town syndrome/lavander tone - by Vipershark - 08-01-2010, 01:21 PM
RE: lavander town syndrome/lavander tone - by Ton - 08-04-2010, 01:28 AM