Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
i am trying to legitimately learn how to draw
(09-22-2009, 09:19 PM)Thermic Wrote: imo you dont really need books. if you need to see the anatomy of certain pose use the internet

the internet is a great resource for poses, but if you don't know the fundementals behind what you're doing, what's the point in drawing a pose anyways?

This book isn't just a collection of poses for anatomy refs. It's an entire classic work on how to proportion and give life to your art. It shows you measurements, basic starting points, the planes and shapes of different body parts. Sure, getting on google and finding a woman twisted in a unique pose is one thing, but knowing WHY the body parts work like how they do and the proportions and measurements of how to get a realistic drawing is another.

Without the basic knowledge of what one is doing, one will always lack the fundamentals that piece together WHAT they're doing. Bridgman's book helps give an understanding to that fundemental knowledge; which is why I recommended it to Tyvon. Smile
Thanked by: Chutzpar

Messages In This Thread
RE: i am trying to legitimately learn how to draw - by Adam - 09-22-2009, 09:34 PM