The VG Resource

Full Version: i am trying to legitimately learn how to draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: scraps.jpg]

hello how are you
hi tyvon its good to see you again

this is looking pretty good for a first legitimate-learning-how-to-draw-drawing!!!!!! HOWEVER,,, i would highl recommend googling pictures of naked men ((no homO)) and drawing them so you get down all the anatomical things that people usually dont understand no matter how much you know yourself.
Or just webcam Solitaire. Whatever works.
(09-20-2009, 11:07 AM)Solitaire Wrote: [ -> ]hi tyvon its good to see you again

this is looking pretty good for a first legitimate-learning-how-to-draw-drawing!!!!!! HOWEVER,,, i would highl recommend googling pictures of naked men ((no homO)) and drawing them so you get down all the anatomical things that people usually dont understand no matter how much you know yourself.
I bought an anatomy book, that's how any of the above looks even semi-decent.
Don't make your chins shaped like that.
Ever.
Chins are rounded, they aint polygonal geometry fests.
i will take nude photos of myself and you will draw them.

this is for your own improvement and nothing else u_u
Your heads are too hydrocephalic.
I don't trust anatomy books, either. I suggest you draw from life as well. Because..
You learn things you never knew.. you never kn-*shot*
Here's a link for you to do some anatomy studies. I find it's quite good. www.posemaniacs.com
to be honest

this looks like an average weeaboo 12 year old's attempt at drawing
define muscles with shading

not lines
(09-20-2009, 11:51 AM)Jesus lizard Wrote: [ -> ]Don't make your chins shaped like that.
Ever.
Chins are rounded, they aint polygonal geometry fests.

they're rounder but they are pretty square and with a bit of stylism polychins can look fine
Perfectly square chins are one of the STEPS to drawing a face, I'd say. The face is a series of geometric planes, and I really think that studying it that way is the best way to learn. Once you've learned what plane on the face is what, it helps with shading and lighting. Learning which muscles are underneath the face also helps.

These aren't terrible, though. Good first attempts. Surprised you're only drawing legitimately for the first time, ya' 19 year old you!

George Bridgman's life drawing book is excellent, I recommend you check it out. It's got excellent anatomy references and such, it's considered the classic work on human anatomy.
imo you dont really need books. if you need to see the anatomy of certain pose use the internet
I like the sword but the body could use some work. Everyone else basically said what needed to be said on the body.
(09-22-2009, 09:19 PM)Thermic Wrote: [ -> ]imo you dont really need books. if you need to see the anatomy of certain pose use the internet

the internet is a great resource for poses, but if you don't know the fundementals behind what you're doing, what's the point in drawing a pose anyways?

This book isn't just a collection of poses for anatomy refs. It's an entire classic work on how to proportion and give life to your art. It shows you measurements, basic starting points, the planes and shapes of different body parts. Sure, getting on google and finding a woman twisted in a unique pose is one thing, but knowing WHY the body parts work like how they do and the proportions and measurements of how to get a realistic drawing is another.

Without the basic knowledge of what one is doing, one will always lack the fundamentals that piece together WHAT they're doing. Bridgman's book helps give an understanding to that fundemental knowledge; which is why I recommended it to Tyvon. Smile
(09-22-2009, 09:19 PM)Thermic Wrote: [ -> ]imo you dont really need books. if you need to see the anatomy of certain pose use the internet

still life is the best way to learn imo.
Pages: 1 2 3