Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hi everybody! Back after 8 years
Hello everybody! I made an account here many years ago but haven't logged on in almost eight years so I'm basically a new user at this point lol. While I haven't actually signed on with my user name, I have been checking this site on and off as a guest this whole time to see all the cool models you guys have been working on. I don't know if anybody here remembers me back from the Brawl modding days but I used to make a ton of mods back then. In the beginning, all of my mods were just edited models of existing characters in Smash, where I reshaped their models into other characters. That was called a "vertex edit". Towards the end of my modding days, I eventually moved onto starting to create my own custom models. For many of these, I used a combination of parts from existing models as well as creating my own parts. A few models, like Kabutops and Genesect, I made pretty much entirely from scratch.

I've been out of the modding scene for almost 10 years now and I've sadly forgotten most of the skills that I once knew. Recently, I've gotten the urge to get back into modding during my free time. I just set up Super Smash Bros. Ultimate to run mods and imported a ton of really great models that other users have worked on. I'd love to try a few myself but I'm basically starting from scratch at this point because it's been so long since I did anything. My skills have always been more on the artistic side more than the technical side so I never actually learned how to rig a skeleton or rip models or sounds from games. Because of this, I'm not sure if there's a whole lot I can contribute to this site. I would love to share any custom models that I make if I do get back into making mods myself. I have quite a few ideas I've been really wanting to try.

There are a few specific things I've been searching years online for that I've never been able to find that I'll expand on in the Requests section since this isn't really the place for that. I can completely understand if nobody would be interested in my request since I've been inactive for so long. I'm also willing to try to learn how to get these myself if nobody is up for it but I'm not very technically gifted so I'm worried I'll never be able to figure it out. Anyway, I don't want to drag my introduction down with all that, and I'd love to try to contribute to this site in any way that my talents allow. If anybody is interested in any of the models I've already worked on for Smash Bros. Brawl, I'd be happy to share them, I'm just not sure if those are the types of models that really qualify for this site.

Thank you very much
Thanked by: Kold-Virus

Messages In This Thread
Hi everybody! Back after 8 years - by Aafyre - 04-26-2022, 06:00 PM
RE: Hi everybody! Back after 8 years - by Aafyre - 04-26-2022, 06:18 PM
RE: Hi everybody! Back after 8 years - by Aafyre - 04-26-2022, 06:47 PM
RE: Hi everybody! Back after 8 years - by Aafyre - 04-26-2022, 07:08 PM
RE: Hi everybody! Back after 8 years - by Aafyre - 04-26-2022, 07:34 PM
RE: Hi everybody! Back after 8 years - by Aafyre - 04-26-2022, 07:43 PM
RE: Hi everybody! Back after 8 years - by Aafyre - 04-26-2022, 08:37 PM
RE: Hi everybody! Back after 8 years - by Aafyre - 04-26-2022, 09:03 PM
RE: Hi everybody! Back after 8 years - by Aafyre - 04-26-2022, 09:56 PM