Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Just how the hell long does it take to get something approved on here...?
Even though you made the thread acting very entitled and rude yourself, I will make a fair point here:

I understand the confusion of why newer submissions are being handled before older ones. This is admittedly a fault of ours, and we've acknowledged it and are starting to try to rectify it. Some of us just check the queue on our mobile devices while we're out and about tending to our personal lives just to try and manage what we can and help out in the few moments of free time we may have. Not all of us have a lot of time at our PCs to properly check everything, such as .ZIP archives and things that require icons or other special attention. This means those types of submissions that are not clear-cut cannot be tended to yet.

Now, I will try to better explain why it takes so long in case you do not believe us:

As Petie and others mentioned as well, we have hundreds of submissions; dozens that come flooding in each and every day. This may sound like excuses, but we really are understaffed (this is because it's very difficult to find people who meet the qualifications needed to ensure that we can trust them to manage submissions with a trained eye for quality; this is especially true for models). There may be several of us that can work on sprites, but we simply have our own personal lives to attend to. As has also been stated, this is also volunteer work on our part, as well.

Tons of people get angry that their submissions have been waiting for months, weeks, days, even less than a day. That is how little people understand what goes into our checking process. People may think it is as simple as clicking a button. It's really not. We frequently discuss amongst eachother if a submission is up to standard to be hosted on the sites. Sometimes we get such oddball submissions we simply cannot figure out what to do with them. That is partially why some stay sitting in there for a bit longer until we can come to an informed, unanimous decision that is in the site and community's best interest.

Again as stated, we don't press approve or reject because we feel like it, or because we dislike someone; we thoroughly check stuff to make sure that it is fit for hosting, such hosting which is paid for by a human being with a job and family and life. We do not earn any money for doing this. This is soley a hobby. We do this because we enjoy it, just like you.

When we say we are human beings with lives, that means that we have our own personal struggles that we have to deal with day to day, just like yourself. Some of us are overloaded with school. Some of us are very stressed with our jobs and personal life situations and the site is the last thing we should have to worry about. Some of us are having kids. Some of us spend quality time with our families. Some of us, specifically myself, are dealing with an influx of health issues on top of all of that (I have restless legs syndrome, fibromyalgia and stomach problems for example, which makes it very difficult to sleep at night and thus causes me to feel sick during the day and unable to do a lot). This hinders us from being able to dedicate a lot of time to managing submissions.

And once again, as stated, nobody has any idea how much we appreciate them contributing and making Dazz and ours' dreams come alive.

I speak for all of us with certainty when I say that we do not want you or anyone to think we hold a grudge or are ignoring you because we feel like it. Maybe you will not accept this answer, and if that is the case, I am sorry we could not come to an agreement. But please, please do not label all of us as lazy dictators who seize power over everyone else and purposely pick people out. That is hurtful to some of us, as we actually try the best we can to please as many people as we can, only to have personal insults and threats thrown our way. And, cases like this.

EDIT: On the topic of your submissions specifically, instead of rejecting them I will provide you with some feedback since that is what you were looking for.

These appear to be raw file dumps. This is okay in some cases, but the graphics are all over the place and unusable. I would try to organize them and edit the sheets (you can revise them from your CP, if I'm not mistaken) so that relevant elements are together rather than jumbled. Once they are fixed up, they should be fit to approve. I do apologize that everyone has to wait, we just ask for some patience.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just how the hell long does it take to get something approved on here...? - by Garamonde - 09-25-2019, 11:39 AM