Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Gamedev stepbystep
(03-09-2019, 05:33 PM)CorruptTurret Wrote: ??? What is this about cinematics and resolution? There really shouldn't be any dependency on resolution for cinematics...
In terms of combat, generic solutions like Opsive's Third Person Controller on the Asset Store are generally decent starting points unless you want to do weird / esoteric things. For instance, I snagged VisionPunk's Ultimate First Person Shooter package (before Opsive acquired it), and it was great until I realized you can't just write and drop in extended systems too easily, the way it's written. Now I have to roll my own FPS solution with ECS and stuff. I'm guessing you'll want some pretty insane state machines to handle chains and everything, so I don't know how far you'll get with frameworks people are selling. That's down to researching options, but this is all to note that third-party frameworks are an option.

Now if you don't have programming experience, I'd bet it would be easier to ask someone you've worked on projects with who can program and who doesn't suck for cooperation. I think I was wrong about what the first step should be. I have iyenal to thank for this realization. Feasibility check. Keep track of what kind of funding or assistance you have access to first, then scope things based on that. If you've got the assets to hire developers, neat. If you're not as prepared, things should change.
Nice to see you've given thought into what DMC did.
Hmmm, i know i used unity's freeform plugins.but they somehow crashed and glitched and i don' know the solution.
English and compsci is not my native knowledge, so when they crash and says things like depedency error number 0 mumbo jumbo...
i don't know how to fix them and it wastes time.

So i am looking more in to the root of this...which isprogramming shader, physics, render audio etc...
from rawest data which is mp3, jpgs , etc... and try to bring it into a game or app directly..
And so far i cannot find this software... even visual basic is quite complex and touches directly to window's OS
building. What i need is one that allows me to "draw" the entire game architecturres and make it into real game...
alogic that works across platform.

There is illumination software creator, visual basic, clickteamfusion as an example of OS-game UI, environment creation.

But they are not enough.
I'm trying to push even further so i can get something with 0 UI maybe...
kinda like painting software or animation software...with physics and BUILD! project and export anywhere.

I don't know about state machines or chains, since those are an abstraction of the actual thing...which iss programming
tools.

Yeah, i definitely decided i have to write abit more in this thread about the subject (DmC, it applies to any other games)
In order to get the infos i need... otherwise it'll keep asking me for money without any details...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Gamedev stepbystep - by teeobi - 03-08-2019, 01:18 AM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by iyenal - 03-08-2019, 08:07 AM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by teeobi - 03-08-2019, 09:34 AM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by iyenal - 03-08-2019, 03:02 PM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by teeobi - 03-08-2019, 07:05 PM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by teeobi - 03-08-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by iyenal - 03-09-2019, 10:28 AM