Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gamedev stepbystep
(03-08-2019, 03:02 PM)iyenal Wrote: Sorry if I looked not very polite, didn't wanted that.
It's just that if you first really wanted to do a game like this, you wouldn't even ask on a forum like now.

You don't do an AAA game by snapping your fingers.
It comes from experience, a lot of people, substantial time and money investment, knowledge on many domains... you can't have all of that yourself alone.

???? i don't get you. 

I definitely think anyone has some deductive level when it comes to building something.

No i don't snap my finger...it starts somewhere and i plan to do it all that's possible.

(03-08-2019, 04:04 PM)CorruptTurret Wrote: Realistically, the first step beyond getting a concept nailed down should be to put down the mechanics of the game in a design document.

That other question about how to essentially make a "game generator" that literally takes an asset and makes a game out of it makes me think you're either looking to offer no-effort "game" services or publish such things yourself.
This question makes you seem like more of an unlearned stargazer. Not much wrong with that, but you need to understand that building any kind of software that doesn't die a horrible death requires an understanding of the platform you're working with. You also need time investment into making the most out of what you've got.
In my opinion, the real  first step should be defining the scope of the project and planning what needs doing. Make things realistic. Don't assume you'll be able to pull off weird things you haven't done before, e.g. having a procedural story.
If your timeframe is a week, what, is this a gamejam? lol

Okay, gdd. again. Yes, i did a 2 day game jam once. work through a night with a team of 6.
It was troublesome especially since i did not have all the skill...only artistics.

But we managed. and the programmer did not do much except buying plugins.
disappointing. and they can't even explain what's programming... it's annoying.

Okay, blablabla...
how would you write a GDD for DMCs gameplay?

It's not a no effort game alright! i just want a full "walkthourgh" on the how to make it.
XD
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Gamedev stepbystep - by teeobi - 03-08-2019, 01:18 AM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by iyenal - 03-08-2019, 08:07 AM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by teeobi - 03-08-2019, 09:34 AM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by iyenal - 03-08-2019, 03:02 PM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by teeobi - 03-08-2019, 07:05 PM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by teeobi - 03-08-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: Gamedev stepbystep - by iyenal - 03-09-2019, 10:28 AM