Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Old project that I somewhat restarted.
Many of the critiques I have given you in the previous thread still apply here:

Quote:if you want advice on comics and writing, and I'm saying this because I know it's easy to get ambitious right off the bat and make comics without knowing the skills and tips that most creatives need to make something of quality. That isn't going to come easily. In cases of fan works its almost often impossible to have something stand out unless they KNOW the characters they are using through extensive study and not just casually playing their game. My advice if web comics are really the path you want to then you might be better off coming up with your own ideas, developing your own characters instead of following a trend, and you can't just dive in that head first.

That bit has little to do with actual pixel art critique in of itself, but until you are certain that you've gotten the right skills to make any sort of comic regardless of what medium you're doing them in I would avoid diving into that realm personally.

Quote:My critique on the comics have very little to do with the introductions and more to do with making them in general. I'm not saying anything in particular about them besides the fact anyone can make a web comic in the way you are doing it, a lot of people do.

I'm not saying that you can't make them, but if you are serious about pursuing that consider looking at any comic besides a sprite comic and try to study how comics are made in a professional sense and do what you can learn from either web comics like Octopus Pie, or graphic novels like Scott Pilgrim. Or just pick up a Batman comic. Then muster whatever originality you can come up with then you can make your own. You can still use pixel art too to make a comic.

Also if you're taking the time to explain what is going on in these comics in walls of text that no one is going to be bothered to read, you're probably telling yourself in your head that these aren't good.

And before you try to guilt trip me into the whole "I have depression and I'm doing this for fun and I am entitled to that" thing like you did last time and started making drama about how the thread needed to be deleted (I haven't forgotten that part of it) Consider the following:

- That there are plenty of other artists out there who are suffering way more than you are in their personal lives and still take the time to consider people's opinions to push themselves to be a better artist. Regardless if they're professional or doing it for fun.

- That you can still do things like this for fun without being super defensive on your work and improve.

- These boards are for critiques, and making comics and art is like showing your ass to the world and letting people make love to it, metaphorically speaking of course. This is not a gallery.

Learn the fundamentals, make and draw more art, learn how to write and focus on the craft.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: JewyB

Messages In This Thread
RE: Old project that I somewhat restarted. - by DioShiba - 09-29-2018, 08:13 AM