Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need help ripping this classic game's models (NFS5)
Every CRP can be dumped, but it's a gigantic tedious pain in the ass. As we all know, most of the CRP files do not import into ZModeler at all, those which do, have all every LOD, though when imported, only the highest LOD is displayed, which.. Isn't all that impressive, giving the game's age. I don't believe I have permission to distribute the software, Arushan, the one who had figured out how to make mods in NFS Most Wanted (2005) had developed it, the track CRP files are a similar story. They would have to have the high LOD objects exported into their own format, which has a custom ZModeler import filter, and each object, would have to be manually exported. That already seems like a gigantic massive undertaking for the vehicles, and my intention was to dump some of the circuit tracks, so I could see if I could somehow get them ported into other games, namely, Re-Volt. But, it's a massive daunting task... Each object, and everything like that, not to mention the fact that I need to run ZModeler within a virtual machine for this specific importer to work, cause it doesn't seem to work beyond Windows XP, so yes. A giant pain in the ass.

As for NFS 4 tracks, search FRD2LWO. The NFS4 tracks can already be converted to LWO. While Lightwave is a pain in the ass, it's better than nothing. Just need to use FSHTool to get the textures, and you are good to go for that.
Thanked by: Fallenleader

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help ripping this classic game's models (NFS5) - by Fengo - 04-09-2018, 03:22 AM