Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My custom 8-bit Link sprites
(02-03-2018, 11:10 PM)DioShiba Wrote: Colors aren't very 8-bit from a distance glance.

Not sure why you put a shuriken in there, maybe if this were mystery of murasame castle customs it would make sense to have that in there but that's not an item present in the Zelda series.

In fact speaking of the items some of them suffer from lack of contrast between colors and frankly, just aren't as nice to look at because the designs feel off, are you using references?

Other notes: I am not sure why you need to have large text with everything so spread out in a sprite sheet and the purple background stands out as opposed to using a neutral color.

This isn't something that I would personally call quality in fact, I just don't like how you approached it. Either they're just not good or they look edited from the original sprites. And if you did edit these from the original sprites that's not even custom by definition.

Next time if the insert image doesn't work, use attachments, and all should be dandy.

Thanks! I'll use the attachments next time I make a new sprite! P.S. I added the shuriken item to add some variety with the weapons. ^^
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: My custom 8-bit Link sprites - by DioShiba - 02-03-2018, 11:10 PM
RE: My custom 8-bit Link sprites - by Shin FireyPaperMario - 02-04-2018, 07:09 AM
RE: My custom 8-bit Link sprites - by DioShiba - 02-04-2018, 11:52 AM
RE: My custom 8-bit Link sprites - by MisterMike - 02-05-2018, 03:51 PM