Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Breaking Into Song: The Musical Thread
This is an easy one for me to answer, The Rocky Horror Picture show. That's been my favourite musical since I was...well, since I was too young to really understand anything about it. I was singing Sweet Transvestite while I was still in a pushchair.

Of course some honorable mentions from me would be A Nightmare Before Christmas, with a little nod towards Mulan just for sticking out from the other Disney stuff. And the amazing musical episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, but I don't think I should count that since it's a one-off thing in a TV series. (but it's still great)

Also, technically I'm stretching the definition here, but Repo! The Genetic Opera is honestly fantastic (save for one or two songs I'm not so big on) and everyone should see it. As the title suggests it's not actually a musical though, it's an opera, which is to say there's no spoken dialogue and the story is told entirely through the songs.
For me it sticks with me for not just being a great movie in the first place, but especially if someone just flatly isn't into musicals or opera it's a fantastic way of showing that it's not all broadway showtunes and classical pieces in Italian.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking Into Song: The Musical Thread - by PatientZero - 07-06-2017, 10:36 PM