Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Shantae: Wrath of the Djinn's (Fangame)
OK, first off I wanna say, I'm not trying to shoot your idea down. It's a fine idea. I haven't played a Shantae game but I'm sure if I had then this would seem like a really neat thing.

The thing is, if this is your first game, it seems a bit too ambitious. Now the sprite work, although I don't sprite myself, looks great so far. But making a game involves a lot of different pieces, and so many unforeseen issues come up all the time. Whether you're doing most of the work or it's split between several people, it requires a lot of time, effort, and persistence.

I would highly recommend trying to make something much much smaller and simpler first. I'm talking real simple, make a tiny Mario clone or something. Many people start on large projects and they never get finished (I should know). Have a go at making a couple of smaller scale stuff first, then you'll have a feel for how the development process goes, and it will help you immensely with getting off on the right foot with a larger project such as this.

I know what it's like to have an awesome idea and want to make a game right away, and by all means I encourage you to keep this passion. I'm just trying to give you some advice to help you avoid making a mistake that so many others do.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Kold-Virus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shantae: Wrath of the Djinn's (Fangame) - by puggsoy - 12-27-2016, 12:09 AM