Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Shantae: Wrath of the Djinn's (Fangame)
Hello folks. SilentBobX here.
Well, we all know a little title called Shantae: Half Genie Hero is out, aaand I gotta say it was an awesome ride. Shantae is a really fun character, and her games are quite inspiring. So I've been mulling over ideas for weeks on a game I'd like to make based on her series. Not just her, but I also want to do a branching story with Shantae and an original character with different game play mechanics.

The other character I have in mind would play more like Megaman. He's a soldier for the Ammo Baron with a pistol. I've actually been working really hard on creating original sprites, based on Pirates Curse, for almost 2 weeks now. They'll need more editing, but here is what I have:
[Image: test01_zpsoajhv18m.png]
I made a forum in the sprite section so if you wish to see more, you can head on over there. The characters name is Caesar, the little brother of Vinegar. He's actually the Janitor at the Ammo Barons base, so he hasn't seen any combat at all. He has practiced with a pistol, but never out in the field (Kind of a good thing really.). Anyway, I still have more sprites to work on, and some editing to do, but I'll get him done.

I'll share a little of the story. The Ammo Baron finds a relic, a jar, along with other nick-knacks and plans on selling them off for funds (Money troubles... go fig.) Some days pass and Risky Boots attacks Ammo Barons base looking for said relic. Though not TOO eager to prove himself, Caesar is encouraged by his sister to help fend off the pirates and stop Risky's intrusion.

So, yeah, this is all I really have so far. I'm trying to get as many talents together to make this happen. Art, music and voices shouldn't be a problem to get, but a game engine and people who know how to use them are. I've been looking around for awhile and haven't really found an engine. Unfortunately, i don't have the faintest idea on how to use a game engine to make a game. I have used one before for an Ace Attorney game I made awhile back, but I BARLEY knew what I was doing and needed constant help. So if there is anyone out there who is generous enough to lend a hand, it would be most appreciated.

That's all I have for now. So what I want to shoot for is two story branching campaigns, with about 9 levels, 2 of them being intro stages for Shantae and Caesar, with some variety thrown in here and there. I'd be able to draw up some sprites, level idea, and write the story. Also going for a Pirates Curse look. I hope that's enough info. Sorry if I don't have enough material to show off. This is just really in the idea stages for now. Thanks for taking the time to come by and have a look see.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Shantae: Wrath of the Djinn's (Fangame) - by SilentBobX - 12-26-2016, 08:33 PM