Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts
(11-17-2018, 07:31 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: The texturing being like that for the Pokémon's models is pretty much how they were for the 3DS games too. Check the Listener window for any "MatUVScaleU" entries. If it's set to 2.0, then you need to mirror the textures accordingly (either directly editing the textures, or by going into the texture properties and enabling the "Mirror" check for the U axis).

As for texture conversion, Noesis should do the trick, since a number of them are using DX10-based formats which I know not everything supports correctly. Also I'm not sure how I'd go about automatically applying all of the other textures (or by extension the R/G/B layers for the AMB textures) since the parameters are sometimes set up on a per-model basis, plus the labels used for them can be a little inconsistent at times (I needed to have four different labels just for the diffuse, for example).
Thanks for the info about the textures and UV coordinates. I'll try using noesis and see which results it gives me. Then I'll try applying the other textures directly to the converted model. Btw, is it a good idea to just directly edit a dae file in a text editor(like VS Code or Notepad++) instead of doing things in 3DSMAX?(I just feel like doing it this way just because 3dsmax does some things that I still have to correct with a text editor(for example I need to replace absolute file paths with realtive every time I export something)).
And also just the last thing I want to say: when extracting the textures for this Pikachu(and this Pikachu is the one that the player has, it's stored in a separate folder) I noticed that ambient textures had the actual image on the 3rd/blue colour channel and others were empty(I used SmashForge to do this btw)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Random Talking Bush's Model Importers and QuickBMS Scripts - by CHEMI6DER - 11-18-2018, 02:27 AM